Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
selecting 'Hide Contents' may crash MinimServer
16-08-2012, 18:45 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2012 18:46 by bbrip.)
RE: selecting 'Hide Contents' may crash MinimServer
(16-08-2012 18:30)mikejazz Wrote:  Both are locked to their hardware and own media servers.

.... which is the clear downside and makes me stay with Linn - despite Kinsky Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 11:17
RE: selecting 'Hide Contents' may crash MinimServer
(09-08-2012 18:43)simoncn Wrote:  I have reproduced this problem using BubbleDS.

I think the fix needed in MinimServer is to make the selection of the 'dummy' tag contents disable the effect of 'Hide Contents' until the control point next refreshes the top-level 'dummy' container under '[folder view]'.

To put this another way, after displaying the top-level 'dummy' container under '[folder view]', you only get one chance to hide the tag contents of 'dummy'. When the unhidden tag contents are displayed, the chance to hide them is gone. This hidden/unhidden state is reset when the control point next refreshes the top-level 'dummy' container under '[folder view]'.

The above is the simple version of the explanation. The full explanation is that MinimServer maintains a series of generations of the contents of the top-level 'dummy' container under '[folder view]', with each generation having its own hidden/unhidden status flag. When the control point browses the top-level 'dummy' container under '[folder view]', it gets the current generation of the contents. Previous generations are still available for use by control points that have cached references to them. When the hidden/unhidden status flag of the current generation is set, this triggers the creation of a new generation.

At present this generational status flag only holds the hidden state. The fix will extend it to hold either the hidden or unhidden state.

From the user's perspective, this approach maintains the intended purpose of 'Hide Contents' to prevent duplicates in the playlist when the control point adds a complete subtree to the playlist.

I've added a fix for this bug. This will be available in the next release. I didn't do it exactly as described above because this would have caused a potential memory leak with state information for old generations of containers. Instead, the fix allows the control point to retrieve the contents of a "hidden" container if the control point already has a cached reference to these contents. I've tested this with BubbleDS, and it seems to work OK.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply