Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album View Layout
21-12-2013, 21:15 (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 21:19 by Foxman50.)
Album View Layout
Im using the standard album view. This displays the album artwork along with the name of the album and the artist below this (see fig 1)    

This would be ideal however to get the albums to show correctly on previous software i had to create the "Album" tag on the flac files with the "AlbumArtist" tag preceding it separated with a hyphen. So for this example the "Album" tag looks like

"Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba - Meet Me In London"

This was done to get the albums to be in artist order, hence all albums by the same artist would be together

This now makes the the album view within Minimserver look like (see fig 2)    

Not ideal.

What i would really like if possible is to get to this (see fig 3)    

I have two questions

1. is it possible to get the album view to show the image and just the "Album" tag below this but without the "Artist" tag.

2. Even better would be to get the album view to show as per fig 3, but without having to adjust every album with a tag editor. So within Minimserver get it to ignore the first part of the "Album" tag ie "Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba - ", and just dislpay the "Meet Me In London" and above this add the "AlbumArtist" tag. Tall order i know

Sorry for the long post
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 22:29
RE: Album View Layout
(21-12-2013 21:15)Foxman50 Wrote:  1. is it possible to get the album view to show the image and just the "Album" tag below this but without the "Artist" tag.

This depends on the control point you are using, not on MinimServer. I think all the control points I have used show Artist tag information if it is available.

Quote:2. Even better would be to get the album view to show as per fig 3, but without having to adjust every album with a tag editor. So within Minimserver get it to ignore the first part of the "Album" tag ie "Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba - ", and just dislpay the "Meet Me In London" and above this add the "AlbumArtist" tag. Tall order i know

Sorry for the long post

It isn't possible to make MinimServer ignore part of a tag value. Instead, MinimServer provides tag formatting options to combine tag values for sending to the control point, which means you don't need to duplicate the same information in different tags.
21-12-2013, 23:04
Thanks Simon for the reply. Is it possible to change the order in which the "Album" tag and "Artist" tags are shown
21-12-2013, 23:49
(21-12-2013 23:04)Foxman50 Wrote:  Thanks Simon for the reply. Is it possible to change the order in which the "Album" tag and "Artist" tags are shown

This depends on the control point you are using, not on MinimServer.
22-12-2013, 00:19
I use nstream for a naim streamer, but i dont believe there are any adjustments on this.