Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer Installation
22-02-2014, 08:29
RE: MinimStreamer Installation
(21-02-2014 23:40)lateloss Wrote:  Here is the log file. I think it's the same error message

This is a different error. You have the wrong URL in your .m3u file. Instead of:

http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein...aylist.pls

you need:

http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein.php/linnclassical/playlist.pls
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 10:10
OK. Thanks- the Linn stream is now working! If the error for the BBC streams is an ffmpeg one, I presume it a problem with the version of ffmpeg I have installed on the server??
22-02-2014, 10:54
(22-02-2014 10:10)lateloss Wrote:  OK. Thanks- the Linn stream is now working!

I'm very pleased to hear this!

Quote:If the error for the BBC streams is an ffmpeg one, I presume it a problem with the version of ffmpeg I have installed on the server??

I'm not sure yet. It might be a problem with the options that MinimServer is using to call ffmpeg. I'll be able to do some further investigation later today or tomorrow.
22-02-2014, 12:27
Great. Thanks for your patience and time- it is hugely appreciated!
27-02-2014, 00:57
(22-02-2014 12:27)lateloss Wrote:  Great. Thanks for your patience and time- it is hugely appreciated!

A fix for this problem is now available. Without the fix, MinimServer cannot transcode AAC files or radio streams when it is running on a Synology NAS and using the version of ffmpeg preloaded by Synology.

To install the fix, you need to do the folllowing:

1) From the Synology Package Center, install the new download MinimServer-0.8.1b-arm.spk, MinimServer-0.8.1b-ppc.spk or MinimServer-0.8.1b-x86.spk

2) Install MinimServer update 21

3) install MinimStreamer 0.3.14
03-10-2014, 17:57
"If you have installed MinimStreamer succesfully, MinimStreamer will be started automatically when you start MinimServer. You can check that MinimStreamer is running by looking at the System tab of the MinimServer properties dialog. If MinimStreamer is running, the properties stream.converter, stream.record and stream.transcode will appear in the System tab. "

When I look into the systems tab, I do not see "If MinimStreamer is running, the properties stream.converter, stream.record and stream.transcode will appear in the System tab."

Under system tab, all I see is:

http.port
.logfile
.logprefix
ohnet.debug
ohnet.port
ohnet.subnet

But yet under packages, I have a +minimstreamer-0.42 (along with +minimserver-0.8-update-42)

and under modules, installed packages include minimsever and minimstreamer. what am I doing incorrectly that I cannot see minimstreamer so I can begin to add radio stations?

thxs.
03-10-2014, 18:14
(03-10-2014 17:57)dcginc Wrote:  "If you have installed MinimStreamer succesfully, MinimStreamer will be started automatically when you start MinimServer. You can check that MinimStreamer is running by looking at the System tab of the MinimServer properties dialog. If MinimStreamer is running, the properties stream.converter, stream.record and stream.transcode will appear in the System tab. "

When I look into the systems tab, I do not see "If MinimStreamer is running, the properties stream.converter, stream.record and stream.transcode will appear in the System tab."

http.port
.logfile
.logprefix
ohnet.debug
ohnet.port
ohnet.subnet

But yet under packages, I have a +minimstreamer-0.42 (along with +minimserver-0.8-update-42)

and under modules, installed packages include minimsever and minimstreamer. what am I doing incorrectly that I cannot see minimstreamer so I can begin to add radio stations?

thxs.

Did you relaunch MinimServer after installing MinimStreamer?

From the User guide:

"After installing or removing a package, you need to select Relaunch from the Packages tab for the change to become effective."

From the Packages tab:

"Changes will be applied when the runtime is relaunched. Pending additions are prefixed with '+' and pending removals are prefixed with '-'. To undo a pending change, select it and click Undo.

To relaunch the runtime and process all pending changes, click Relaunch."
04-10-2014, 00:55
(03-10-2014 18:14)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 17:57)dcginc Wrote:  "If you have installed MinimStreamer succesfully, MinimStreamer will be started automatically when you start MinimServer. You can check that MinimStreamer is running by looking at the System tab of the MinimServer properties dialog. If MinimStreamer is running, the properties stream.converter, stream.record and stream.transcode will appear in the System tab. "

http.port
.logfile
.logprefix
ohnet.debug
ohnet.port
ohnet.subnet

thxs.

From the User guide:

"After installing or removing a package, you need to select Relaunch from the Packages tab for the change to become effective."

From the Packages tab:

"Changes will be applied when the runtime is relaunched. Pending additions are prefixed with '+' and pending removals are prefixed with '-'. To undo a pending change, select it and click Undo.

I did not relaunch, doing that right now.. I'll review once it restarts.. thxs.
04-10-2014, 01:07
(04-10-2014 00:55)dcginc Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 18:14)simoncn Wrote:  

http.port
.logfile
.logprefix
ohnet.debug
ohnet.port
ohnet.subnet

thxs.

From the User guide:

From the Packages tab:

I did not relaunch, doing that right now.. I'll review once it restarts.. thxs.

relaunch solved that issue. now I just cannot figure out how, or where, to add internet radio URLs inside of Minim? In my Synology NAS, I merely go to internet radio in the audio station module. I've read the minimstreamer user guide, if it tells me how to do this, I cannot seem to see it..
04-10-2014, 06:33
See this post http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=1247

It contains a sample .m3u file.

You can name this file whatever you want, I have it named Radio.m3u, and put it in the same location as the rest of your playlists or music files.

Radio then shows up as a playlist with each entry being a radio station.

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo