Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimStreamer Installation
19-01-2014, 07:19
RE: MinimStreamer Installation
Hi Guys,

Judging from the posts above, installation of MinimStreamer should be easy so sorry if I'm missing something really obvious here, but how do I bring up Server properties so I can access the tabs? I've got the latest Server installed on my ReadyNAS Ultra but cannot see anyway to bring up the properties.

Thanks
Loks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 08:15
(19-01-2014 07:19)lokesh0_0 Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Judging from the posts above, installation of MinimStreamer should be easy so sorry if I'm missing something really obvious here, but how do I bring up Server properties so I can access the tabs? I've got the latest Server installed on my ReadyNAS Ultra but cannot see anyway to bring up the properties.

Thanks
Loks

You need to run MinimWatch on another computer on your local network and select Properties from the MinimWatch minim icon.
19-01-2014, 08:32
Thanks for the reply Simon, it was something simple. I just restarted my PC and now every things obvious, for some reason after the installation of the latest Watch it continued to show the old properties and menus which didn't have tabs or Server properties (I might have been using quite an old version), but I can see everything now after the restart. Now to install MinimStreamer. Cheers
19-01-2014, 08:35
MinimStreamer installation complete and now transcoding like a charm, sorry to have bothered you.
19-01-2014, 10:35
One thing if you're interested, after the install it did say I was running 0.8.1 in About even though it was showing the old interface. Once again all good now so thank you.
09-02-2014, 18:05
Hi there. I may also be missing something but I'm having trouble installing minimstreamer on a synology NAS. There is no option to install minimstreamer is not present in the packages tab in minim watch. when I type minimstreamer into the 'other packages' box I get an 'error opening stream' message'. Is there something simple I'm doing wrong??
09-02-2014, 18:09
(09-02-2014 18:05)lateloss Wrote:  Hi there. I may also be missing something but I'm having trouble installing minimstreamer on a synology NAS. There is no option to install minimstreamer is not present in the packages tab in minim watch. when I type minimstreamer into the 'other packages' box I get an 'error opening stream' message'. Is there something simple I'm doing wrong??

In the MinimWatch menu make sure to choose 'Properties' instead of 'Options' -> 'Properties (watch)'.
10-02-2014, 15:26
I have been using the 'properties' window and cannot see it in the list of packages- the only one I can see is the minim server update....
10-02-2014, 15:53 (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 15:54 by simoncn.)
(10-02-2014 15:26)lateloss Wrote:  I have been using the 'properties' window and cannot see it in the list of packages- the only one I can see is the minim server update....

The current version of MinimStreamer requires a recent update level for MinimServer. When you install the current update for MinimServer, you should see MinimStreamer in the Packages tab of the Properties window.
10-02-2014, 19:00
That's great. Now installed and working....thanks very much!!Big Grin