Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions re Database and Indexing
23-12-2013, 15:50
RE: Questions re Database and Indexing
(23-12-2013 08:30)simoncn Wrote:  I am intentionally keeping MinimServer as close as I can to the published standards to avoid any further confusion about the correct way to tag multiple values.

I fully support this view. Departures from established standards always seem to cause more trouble than they are worth. The sad thing is that, where both UPnP and music metadata are concerned, so-called standards compliance often seems only to fit where it touches. Simon's insistence on sticking to the standards with MinimServer is therefore particularly praiseworthy.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 02:52
I do not know where to exactly send this post so I hope that it is the right place relatively speaking. I have installed Minim Server 0.8.1 on my Synology NAS and it is working. It replaced a previous installed version of Minim. What do I do to get this latest version to recognise all the music folders and files etc on my NAS many of which were put on the NAS after I installed the previous version of Minim some time ago? I use EAC to create the files in WAV and I have used my own structure of Folders, sub folders and files.

John
24-12-2013, 13:46
(24-12-2013 02:52)Assisi Wrote:  What do I do to get this latest version to recognise all the music folders and files etc on my NAS many of which were put on the NAS after I installed the previous version of Minim some time ago?

This aspect of MinimServer has not changed between version 0.72 and 0.81; something must have happened during your upgrade installation to change or remove MinimServer properties. You need to set the contentDir property to get MinimServer to find your files. The relevant section of the User Guide is here.

David