Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding ALAC to WAV doesn't work when Album or Title contain '
24-12-2013, 14:31
Transcoding ALAC to WAV doesn't work when Album or Title contain '
First of all I need to say that this is a great product. It's the first time I can stream my ALAC library to my Denon 4311 by using my NAS.

I installed the lastest version of minimserver (0.8.1) on my QNAP with the Minimstreamer option.

Transcoding ALAC to WAV works great, even on 24 bit sources but I found out that when the album and/or song title tags contain the character ' then it plays but I can't hear nothing. When trying the same track in FLAC to WAV it's working. Also without transcoding (flac directly) it's working.

I have the same problem when using Foobar to play the transcoded track so it should be quite easy to reproduce.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 15:01
RE: Transcoding ALAC to WAV doesn't work when Album or Title contain '
Which external converter (as recoded in the value of the stream.converter property) are you using?. This may be a function of the converter, rather than of minimStreamer.

David
24-12-2013, 15:13
(24-12-2013 14:31)ppienter Wrote:  First of all I need to say that this is a great product. It's the first time I can stream my ALAC library to my Denon 4311 by using my NAS.

I installed the lastest version of minimserver (0.8.1) on my QNAP with the Minimstreamer option.

Transcoding ALAC to WAV works great, even on 24 bit sources but I found out that when the album and/or song title tags contain the character ' then it plays but I can't hear nothing. When trying the same track in FLAC to WAV it's working. Also without transcoding (flac directly) it's working.

I have the same problem when using Foobar to play the transcoded track so it should be quite easy to reproduce.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

This is a known problem, and I am working on a fix for it.
24-12-2013, 16:18
(24-12-2013 15:01)DavidHB Wrote:  Which external converter (as recoded in the value of the stream.converter property) are you using?. This may be a function of the converter, rather than of minimStreamer.

David
I use ffmpeg that came with the installation
24-12-2013, 16:20
(24-12-2013 15:13)simoncn Wrote:  This is a known problem, and I am working on a fix for it.

Thanks ! This would really make my day Smile
26-12-2013, 20:41
(24-12-2013 16:20)ppienter Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 15:13)simoncn Wrote:  This is a known problem, and I am working on a fix for it.

Thanks ! This would really make my day Smile

Some of my tracks would not playing when transcoding using Minimstreamer and I thought there must have been something wrong with the tracks. I was going to create new versions of the files but sure enough the tracks that would not play when transcoding all have ' in their names.
I would never have thought of this!

I have created versions of the same track in flac, alac, aac and mp3 formats and sure enough only the flac version will play when transcoding.
They all play without transcoding.
So the glitch applies to aac and mp3 as well as alac.

Great to see that this is already on Simon's radar though.
30-12-2013, 17:05
(24-12-2013 14:31)ppienter Wrote:  Transcoding ALAC to WAV works great, even on 24 bit sources but I found out that when the album and/or song title tags contain the character ' then it plays but I can't hear nothing. When trying the same track in FLAC to WAV it's working. Also without transcoding (flac directly) it's working.

This problem is fixed in MinimStreamer 0.3.6. You should be offered this version as an online update the next time you restart MinimWatch or MinimServer. Alternatively, you can install it by selecting About from the minim icon and clicking 'Show updates'.
30-12-2013, 17:51
(30-12-2013 17:05)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 14:31)ppienter Wrote:  Transcoding ALAC to WAV works great, even on 24 bit sources but I found out that when the album and/or song title tags contain the character ' then it plays but I can't hear nothing. When trying the same track in FLAC to WAV it's working. Also without transcoding (flac directly) it's working.

This problem is fixed in MinimStreamer 0.3.6. You should be offered this version as an online update the next time you restart MinimWatch or MinimServer. Alternatively, you can install it by selecting About from the minim icon and clicking 'Show updates'.

I applied the update and indeed the issue is solved!
Thanks for this quick solution.