Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Lion
26-07-2012, 18:26
Mountain Lion
Will MinimServer work under Mountain Lion? I wouldn't want to upgrade without knowing that it will - losing MS would be a disaster.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2012, 18:56
RE: Mountain Lion
(26-07-2012 18:26)Wammer Wrote:  Will MinimServer work under Mountain Lion? I wouldn't want to upgrade without knowing that it will - losing MS would be a disaster.

I haven't upgraded my only Mac to Mountain Lion yet, which puts me in the same situation as you (it would be a disaster for me if I did the upgrade and there was a problem). Actually, it's not quite as bad for me, because I'd be able to debug it and hopefully fix it.

There's no reason why there should be any problem, but such things have happened on previous Mac OS X and iOS releases with Kinsky etc.

Is it possible to revert back from Mountain Lion to Lion if there's a problem? I know Apple doesn't allow this with iOS.

Perhaps someone with two Macs would be able to upgrade one of them and tell the rest of us if MinimServer works OK. Smile
26-07-2012, 19:22
(26-07-2012 18:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 18:26)Wammer Wrote:  Will MinimServer work under Mountain Lion? I wouldn't want to upgrade without knowing that it will - losing MS would be a disaster.

I haven't upgraded my only Mac to Mountain Lion yet, which puts me in the same situation as you (it would be a disaster for me if I did the upgrade and there was a problem). Actually, it's not quite as bad for me, because I'd be able to debug it and hopefully fix it.

There's no reason why there should be any problem, but such things have happened on previous Mac OS X and iOS releases with Kinsky etc.

Is it possible to revert back from Mountain Lion to Lion if there's a problem? I know Apple doesn't allow this with iOS.

Perhaps someone with two Macs would be able to upgrade one of them and tell the rest of us if MinimServer works OK. Smile

i imagine that the only way to revert to Lion would be to restore from a Time Machine or other backup. Perfectly feasible but slightly hairy! Do you think it might be worth posting to the Linn Forums to see if any brave soul has already taken the plunge?
26-07-2012, 21:58
(26-07-2012 19:22)Wammer Wrote:  Do you think it might be worth posting to the Linn Forums to see if any brave soul has already taken the plunge?

There are a few people over there who have installed Mountain Lion. I've sent a PM to one of them who's a MinimServer user.

If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'm going to try this myself. I don't have an external drive, so I can't make a Time Machine backup. Sad
26-07-2012, 22:06
(26-07-2012 21:58)simoncn Wrote:  There are a few people over there who have installed Mountain Lion. I've sent a PM to one of them who's a MinimServer user.

I'm had a reply, and the answer is that it works great!
26-07-2012, 22:08
(26-07-2012 22:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 21:58)simoncn Wrote:  There are a few people over there who have installed Mountain Lion. I've sent a PM to one of them who's a MinimServer user.

I'm had a reply, and the answer is that it works great!

That's great, Simon, thanks very much.
31-07-2012, 13:58
Just to confirm I upgraded my MacMini - everything appears to be working as before.
31-07-2012, 17:38
(31-07-2012 13:58)DaveWr Wrote:  Just to confirm I upgraded my MacMini - everything appears to be working as before.

Thanks, Dave!
09-10-2012, 07:54
I have now installed ML (10.8.2) and MinimServer appears to be working fine. I did have to add MS to my Login Items in order for it to start up automatically, which wasn't necessary under Lion, but otherwise the upgrade went very smoothly.