Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tcp port number...
30-10-2012, 18:25
RE: tcp port number...
(30-10-2012 18:07)psme Wrote:  Yes, foobar2000 upnp server works in both setups at the same time. There is a "internet access" config in foobar2000 upnp setup page. User needs to tell foobar2000 it's public ip (or ddns). I guess once "internet access" mode is enabled, it will detect if the request is from non-local ip and return url using public ip...

I'd like to provide the same capability in MinimServer. I think this will need a change in ohNet, because ohNet doesn't provide a way for the server to get the client's IP address (as far as I know). I'll raise this with the ohNet developers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 02:13
Thanks, that would be great! Smile

Come to think of it, even on the same private home network, most device now use DHCP, and the device IP may be different each time power up. For example if I added some song in the renderer (in "Linn mode" operation that is). Then after listening I turn off the server (PC or NAS) while keep the renderer online in order to keep it's playlist. Then next time I want to listen again I turn on the server. But this time the server may have a different IP via DHCP. So the same playlist in the renderer won't play? If so that seems really annoying!

I understand user can use static IP, or config the router to give a static IP to the server etc. But these are all extra setups which a non technical user may not understand.

Or my understand is wrong and this UPnP AV (with Linn mode) will all work fine in my description?
31-10-2012, 06:45
(31-10-2012 02:13)psme Wrote:  Thanks, that would be great! Smile

Come to think of it, even on the same private home network, most device now use DHCP, and the device IP may be different each time power up. For example if I added some song in the renderer (in "Linn mode" operation that is). Then after listening I turn off the server (PC or NAS) while keep the renderer online in order to keep it's playlist. Then next time I want to listen again I turn on the server. But this time the server may have a different IP via DHCP. So the same playlist in the renderer won't play? If so that seems really annoying!

I understand user can use static IP, or config the router to give a static IP to the server etc. But these are all extra setups which a non technical user may not understand.

Or my understand is wrong and this UPnP AV (with Linn mode) will all work fine in my description?

As far as I know, the only solution to this is to configure either the server or the router to make sure the server always gets the same IP address.