Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tagging classical music
08-05-2014, 19:10
RE: Tagging classical music
(08-05-2014 19:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 16:42)simoncn Wrote:  By default, MinimServer doesn't merge albums from different folders unless they are multidisc albums. You have two options:

1) Use the multidisc approach, tagging the first opera as Disc 1, the second as Disc 2, etc. You can do this by adding [Disc n] to the end of the album title or by adding Discnumber tags to the tracks. It would also be a good idea to add Discsubtitle tags for the names of the operas.

2) Use the mergeFolderAlbums property to force albums in different folders to be merged. This is a global setting.

To complete this picture, there is another option:

3) Add the suffix [part] to the names of the folders containing the files you want to be merged.

In Bubble DS, I get the Album Art associated with each of the Operas in a view very similar to that shown in the last attachment. DOn't know how to get a screenshot of my Tablet though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 22:14
(08-05-2014 19:10)gnomus Wrote:  In Bubble DS, I get the Album Art associated with each of the Operas in a view very similar to that shown in the last attachment. DOn't know how to get a screenshot of my Tablet though.

Searching Google for Android screenshot gives this top result.
09-05-2014, 21:28
(08-05-2014 19:10)gnomus Wrote:  In Bubble DS, I get the Album Art associated with each of the Operas in a view very similar to that shown in the last attachment. DOn't know how to get a screenshot of my Tablet though.

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot. I'm having some trouble understanding what you mean by "a view very similar to that shown in the last attachment". The last attachment was a Kinsky multidisc view without any album art for the individual operas.
09-05-2014, 21:46
(09-05-2014 21:28)simoncn Wrote:  

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot. I'm having some trouble understanding what you mean by "a view very similar to that shown in the last attachment". The last attachment was a Kinsky multidisc view without any album art for the individual operas.

I'll do that Simon. However, it will need to be a photo. I have an old tablet and none of the suggestions on that site will work.. Will do it tomorrow soe time.
10-05-2014, 07:28 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 07:28 by gnomus.)
OK. Here are the photos (apologies for quality):

As you can see, using Bubble I get to see a list of the 4 parts of the Ring, with the art associated for each of the individual operas. Kinsky only shows one piece of art (see attachment in earlier post).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-05-2014, 15:21
(10-05-2014 07:28)gnomus Wrote:  OK. Here are the photos (apologies for quality):

As you can see, using Bubble I get to see a list of the 4 parts of the Ring, with the art associated for each of the individual operas. Kinsky only shows one piece of art (see attachment in earlier post).

Thanks for this. Are the opera acts (e.g., Siegfried -Act I) tagged as Groups? What about Das Rheingold? Is that tagged as a Group?
10-05-2014, 15:25 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 15:25 by gnomus.)
(10-05-2014 15:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 07:28)gnomus Wrote:  OK. Here are the photos (apologies for quality):

Thanks for this. Are the opera acts (e.g., Siegfried -Act I) tagged as Groups? What about Das Rheingold? Is that tagged as a Group?

Das Rheingold is one Group. It is one continuous piece of music, listened to in a single session (no interval) in the theatre.

Other Groups are Walkure Act I; Walkure Act II .. and so on (as you surmised).
10-05-2014, 18:05
(08-05-2014 08:58)gnomus Wrote:  Das Rheingold; Die Walkure, Siegfried; and Gotterdammerung.

Just a little aside, because I think you would like to have your music tagged properly: You should be aware that the names of the operas are "Das Rheingold" (The Rhine Gold), "Die Walküre" (The Valkyrie), "Siegfried" (Siegfried) and "Götterdämmerung" (Twilight of the Gods) - without the ä, ö and ü it makes no sense in German.
10-05-2014, 20:25 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 20:27 by gnomus.)
(10-05-2014 18:05)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 08:58)gnomus Wrote:  Das Rheingold; Die Walkure, Siegfried; and Gotterdammerung.

Just a little aside, because I think you would like to have your music tagged properly: You should be aware that the names of the operas are "Das Rheingold" (The Rhine Gold), "Die Walküre" (The Valkyrie), "Siegfried" (Siegfried) and "Götterdämmerung" (Twilight of the Gods) - without the ä, ö and ü it makes no sense in German.

Dieter

Thank you. I am aware of that and in my "Library" they all have the correct umlauts and "die"s and "das"es, (Take a closer look at the pictures.) It is, however, a pain to type these on a UK keyboard, so I used the versions you see above, to make less work for myself.

Alles klar.
10-05-2014, 21:17
(10-05-2014 15:25)gnomus Wrote:  Das Rheingold is one Group. It is one continuous piece of music, listened to in a single session (no interval) in the theatre.

Other Groups are Walkure Act I; Walkure Act II .. and so on (as you surmised).

For a Group, MinimServer sends the embedded image from the lowest-numbered member track that contains an embedded image. If no embedded images are found, MinimServer sends the album image. It seems that BubbleDS is displaying all Group images and Kinsky is displaying only the top-level album image.