Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exit/ Restart does not work
17-07-2012, 20:08
Exit/ Restart does not work
Hello,

I have just installed v0.52 on my MacBookPro and the server starts up without a problem and I can see all my music in the various control points. However, I am not able to exit the server and have to kill it from the control panel. Also, I am not able to restart the server.
I have had this issue with all previous versions of Minimserver as well. Has anyone else seen this problem?
I am on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Thanks.

Regards,
toscana
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2012, 21:59
RE: Exit/ Restart does not work
(17-07-2012 20:08)toscana Wrote:  Hello,

I have just installed v0.52 on my MacBookPro and the server starts up without a problem and I can see all my music in the various control points. However, I am not able to exit the server and have to kill it from the control panel. Also, I am not able to restart the server.
I have had this issue with all previous versions of Minimserver as well. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,
toscana

In the menu bar, you'll see an icon with a minim symbol. Click on this icon, and you'll get a menu with various choices including Restart and Exit. There are also selections to view the log and change various property settings.
17-07-2012, 22:06
(17-07-2012 21:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 20:08)toscana Wrote:  Hello,

Thanks.

Regards,
toscana

In the menu bar, you'll see an icon with a minim symbol. Click on this icon, and you'll get a menu with various choices including Restart and Exit. There are also selections to view the log and change various property settings.

Thanks for your response.
What I meant is that when I click on the icon and select either exit or restart, minimserver freezes. The log shows "stopping Minimserver" but it seems that the stop process cannot be completed.
17-07-2012, 22:21
(17-07-2012 22:06)toscana Wrote:  Thanks for your response.
What I meant is that when I click on the icon and select either exit or restart, minimserver freezes. The log shows "stopping Minimserver" but it seems that the stop process cannot be completed.

Sorry for misunderstanding your original question. I haven't come across this problem before. Please do the following:

1) Select 'Show log' to bring up the log window
2) Change the logging level from Info to Trace
3) Select 'Restart'
4) When MinimServer hangs, copy the contents of the log window and post it here.

After you've run this test, it would be a good idea to set the logging level back to Info.
17-07-2012, 22:32
(17-07-2012 22:21)simoncn Wrote:  Sorry for misunderstanding your original question. I haven't come across this problem before. Please do the following:

1) Select 'Show log' to bring up the log window
2) Change the logging level from Info to Trace
3) Select 'Restart'
4) When MinimServer hangs, copy the contents of the log window and post it here.

After you've run this test, it would be a good idea to set the logging level back to Info.

Here the extract from the log:

MinimServer 0.52, Copyright © 2012 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
starting MinimServer
MinimServer:MLs-MacBook-Pro.local is running
Startup complete
TrayView: restart action
ServerControl: restartServer action
ComponentClassLoader: using local class loader for class org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$UpdateLogDataLength
ComponentClassLoader: using local class loader for class org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$TimerAction
ServerControl: stop and restart
restarting MinimServer:MLs-MacBook-Pro.local
stopping context context0
>>> EVENT >>> contextStopping: context0
ConsoleService: contextStopping event for context0
ServerControl: contextStopping event for context0
Monitor: contextStopping event for context0
Monitor: setting property AllContextStatus
previous value: consoleContext,Running,runtimeContext,Running,context0,Running,watchContext,Runn​ing,monitorContext,Running,ohnetContext,Running,httpContext,Running
new value: consoleContext,Running,runtimeContext,Running,context0,Stopping,watchContext,Run​ning,monitorContext,Running,ohnetContext,Running,httpContext,Running
stopping component minimserver in context context0
>>> EVENT >>> componentStopping: minimserver
ServerControl: componentStopping event for minimserver
Monitor: componentStopping event for minimserver in context context0
Monitor: setting property AllComponentStatus
previous value: console,org.jminim.lib.ConsoleService,consoleContext,Running,runtime,org.jminim.​lib.RuntimeService,runtimeContext,Running,minimserver,com.minimserver.Server,con​text0,Running,watch,com.minimserver.WatchService,watchContext,Running,monitor,or​g.jminim.lib.MonitorService,monitorContext,Running,ohnet,org.jminim.lib.OhNetSer​vice,ohnetContext,Running,http,org.jminim.lib.HTTPService,httpContext,Running
new value: console,org.jminim.lib.ConsoleService,consoleContext,Running,runtime,org.jminim.​lib.RuntimeService,runtimeContext,Running,minimserver,com.minimserver.Server,con​text0,Stopping,watch,com.minimserver.WatchService,watchContext,Running,monitor,o​rg.jminim.lib.MonitorService,monitorContext,Running,ohnet,org.jminim.lib.OhNetSe​rvice,ohnetContext,Running,http,org.jminim.lib.HTTPService,httpContext,Running
stopping MinimServer
ComponentClassLoader: using parent class loader for class java.nio.channels.FileLock
closing cacheData[0]
cacheData[0] closed
disposing cdProvider
cdProvider disposed
disposing cmProvider
cmProvider disposed
destroying device
18-07-2012, 00:27
Thanks for this. The hang is occurring in ohNet code, which will make it harder to debug. Is there anything unusual about your network setup? For example, is the machine multi-homed? Any clues you can think of would be helpful.

Please could you look in the following places for any additional information:

1) the minimserver.log file in /Users/<youruser>/Library/MinimServer. Is there is anything else there after "destroying device"?

2) any minimserver-crash-* files in /Users/<youruser>/Library/MinimServer

3) any crash log files from ohNet that have been written to the folder within the MinimServer application that contains the minimserver.jar file. To see this, you need to select the MinimServer application in the Finder, then choose "Show Package Contents". In the new folder window that opens, navigate down to Contents/Resources/Java. Does the 'Java' folder contain anything in addition to .jar and .dylib files?

When the hang occurs, it would be very useful if you could open a Terminal window and type "jstack <pid>" where <pid> is the process ID of the MinimServer process. You can find this process ID by typing "ps -el". You might need to stretch the terminal window quite a bit wider so you can see enough information in the CMD column to identify the MinimServer application. The process ID is the number in the PID column. I'd be very interested to see the output from this jstack command.

Thanks very much for your help with investigating this problem.

Simon
18-07-2012, 06:47
(18-07-2012 00:27)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. The hang is occurring in ohNet code, which will make it harder to debug. Is there anything unusual about your network setup? For example, is the machine multi-homed? Any clues you can think of would be helpful.

Please could you look in the following places for any additional information:

1) the minimserver.log file in /Users/<youruser>/Library/MinimServer. Is there is anything else there after "destroying device"?

2) any minimserver-crash-* files in /Users/<youruser>/Library/MinimServer

3) any crash log files from ohNet that have been written to the folder within the MinimServer application that contains the minimserver.jar file. To see this, you need to select the MinimServer application in the Finder, then choose "Show Package Contents". In the new folder window that opens, navigate down to Contents/Resources/Java. Does the 'Java' folder contain anything in addition to .jar and .dylib files?

When the hang occurs, it would be very useful if you could open a Terminal window and type "jstack <pid>" where <pid> is the process ID of the MinimServer process. You can find this process ID by typing "ps -el". You might need to stretch the terminal window quite a bit wider so you can see enough information in the CMD column to identify the MinimServer application. The process ID is the number in the PID column. I'd be very interested to see the output from this jstack command.

Thanks very much for your help with investigating this problem.

Simon

There is nothing unusual about my network setup that I am aware of.
On your other questions:

1) There is nothing else in the minimserver log
2) No crash files
3) No crash log files in the Java folder

Below the output from the jstack command:

jstack 573
2012-07-18 07:45:53
Full thread dump Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (20.8-b03-424 mixed mode):

"Attach Listener" daemon prio=9 tid=103d98000 nid=0x11de26000 waiting on condition [00000000]
java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE

"Thread-7" prio=5 tid=10aff7000 nid=0x11e229000 runnable [11e228000]
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:408)
- locked <7f39a9b90> (a java.net.SocksSocketImpl)
at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:462)
at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:430)
at org.jminim.lib.HTTPService.runServerThread(HTTPService.java:198)
at org.jminim.lib.HTTPService.access$100(HTTPService.java:29)
at org.jminim.lib.HTTPService$1.run(HTTPService.java:153)

"Poller SunPKCS11-Darwin" daemon prio=1 tid=10aff6800 nid=0x11f40c000 waiting on condition [11f40b000]
java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (sleeping)
at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
at sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11$TokenPoller.run(SunPKCS11.java:692)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

"Thread-6" prio=5 tid=103a46000 nid=0x11e481000 in Object.wait() [11e480000]
java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
- waiting on <7f3618310> (a org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$TimerThread)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$TimerThread.run(OhNetService.java:359)
- locked <7f3618310> (a org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$TimerThread)

"Thread-5" prio=5 tid=103a45800 nid=0x11e37e000 in Object.wait() [11e37d000]
- waiting on <7f36138e0> (a org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$ActionThread)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$ActionThread.run(OhNetService.java:317)
- locked <7f36138e0> (a org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$ActionThread)

"AWT-EventQueue-0" prio=6 tid=103a77000 nid=0x11dd23000 in Object.wait() [11dd22000]
- waiting on <7f33b9628> (a java.awt.EventQueue)
at java.awt.EventQueue.getNextEvent(EventQueue.java:525)
- locked <7f33b9628> (a java.awt.EventQueue)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:263​)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201​)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

"Java2D Disposer" daemon prio=10 tid=10aa33800 nid=0x11dc20000 in Object.wait() [11dc1f000]
- waiting on <7f3465af8> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:118)
- locked <7f3465af8> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:134)
at sun.java2d.Disposer.run(Disposer.java:127)

"AWT-Shutdown" prio=5 tid=103ac9000 nid=0x11bc4f000 in Object.wait() [11bc4e000]
- waiting on <7f33afee0> (a java.lang.Object)
at sun.awt.AWTAutoShutdown.run(AWTAutoShutdown.java:265)
- locked <7f33afee0> (a java.lang.Object)

"AWT-AppKit" daemon prio=5 tid=1039a4800 nid=0x7fff70683cc0 runnable [00000000]

"Thread-1" prio=5 tid=10a914800 nid=0x10b8cd000 in Object.wait() [10b8cc000]
- waiting on <7f3226af0> (a org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl$ActionThread)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl$ActionThread.run(RuntimeImpl.java:768)
- locked <7f3226af0> (a org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl$ActionThread)

"Low Memory Detector" daemon prio=5 tid=103894800 nid=0x10b50d000 runnable [00000000]

"C2 CompilerThread1" daemon prio=9 tid=103894000 nid=0x10b40a000 waiting on condition [00000000]

"C2 CompilerThread0" daemon prio=9 tid=10a822000 nid=0x10b307000 waiting on condition [00000000]

"Signal Dispatcher" daemon prio=9 tid=10a821800 nid=0x10b204000 runnable [00000000]

"Surrogate Locker Thread (Concurrent GC)" daemon prio=5 tid=10a820800 nid=0x10b101000 waiting on condition [00000000]

"Finalizer" daemon prio=8 tid=103884000 nid=0x10a7ef000 in Object.wait() [10a7ee000]
- waiting on <7f3001300> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:118)
- locked <7f3001300> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:134)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:159)

"Reference Handler" daemon prio=10 tid=103883800 nid=0x10a6ec000 in Object.wait() [10a6eb000]
- waiting on <7f30011d8> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
at java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java:116)
- locked <7f30011d8> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)

"main" prio=5 tid=103801800 nid=0x103001000 in Object.wait() [102fff000]
- waiting on <7f3224748> (a java.lang.Object)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.waitForRequest(RuntimeImpl.java:408)
- locked <7f3224748> (a java.lang.Object)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:361)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:658)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:81)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:60)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:26)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:116)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:51)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

"VM Thread" prio=9 tid=10a818000 nid=0x10a5e9000 runnable

"Gang worker#0 (Parallel GC Threads)" prio=9 tid=103802800 nid=0x107202000 runnable

"Gang worker#1 (Parallel GC Threads)" prio=9 tid=103803800 nid=0x107305000 runnable

"Concurrent Mark-Sweep GC Thread" prio=9 tid=10384e000 nid=0x10a2f6000 runnable
"VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=10 tid=10a823800 nid=0x10b610000 waiting on condition

"Exception Catcher Thread" prio=10 tid=103802000 nid=0x1037fc000 runnable
JNI global references: 1249
18-07-2012, 09:00
Thanks for posting the jstack output, and for investigating the other possibilities.

The jstack output looks to me as if it was taken while MinimServer was running normally. Did you take this snapshot while MinimServer was running normally, or while it was in the hung state?

It's possible that there could be a conflict between MinimServer/ohNet and other software running on your machine. Do you have Songcast on your Mac, or anything else related to sending or playing music over the network?
18-07-2012, 10:21
(18-07-2012 09:00)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for posting the jstack output, and for investigating the other possibilities.

The jstack output looks to me as if it was taken while MinimServer was running normally. Did you take this snapshot while MinimServer was running normally, or while it was in the hung state?

It's possible that there could be a conflict between MinimServer/ohNet and other software running on your machine. Do you have Songcast on your Mac, or anything else related to sending or playing music over the network?

Let me check on the jstack log tonight when I am back home.
And yes, I have Songcast running in parallel. I will check if the problem also occurs without Songcast running.
18-07-2012, 10:40
(18-07-2012 10:21)toscana Wrote:  Let me check on the jstack log tonight when I am back home.
And yes, I have Songcast running in parallel. I will check if the problem also occurs without Songcast running.

I tried installing Songcast 4.2.6 and I was able to restart MinimServer while playing a radio stream to the DS via Songcast.