Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conductor / Orchestra not showing in 0.52
16-07-2012, 13:35
RE: Conductor / Orchestra not showing in 0.52
(16-07-2012 11:45)simoncn Wrote:  In a future release of MinimServer, I'm planning to make the information in a) and b) ii) configurable. The issue described on this thread relates to b) i). I think making step b) i) optional would solve this issue, but I need to think this through in more depth to convince myself that it wouldn't cause problems for other scenarios.

It would be great to make that configurable. Actullay the ideal options regarding what is being send in the "Artist" tag to the control point might be as follows:

a) do nothing (ie display Artist info on CP as entered in the Artist tag)
b) take AlbumArtist value
c) compile from Artist, Orchestra, Conductor

bbrip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 13:36 (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 13:39 by bbrip.)
(16-07-2012 11:55)simoncn Wrote:  In this case, MinimServer will combine all the artists in order of appearance, so you'll get 'artist1, artist2, artist3'. If you don't want this, you should set the AlbumArtist tag.

makes a lot of sense to me. (Altough I am sure Briain would have fun with some of your suggested smart algorithms Wink

Well thinking about it: I wonder wether there might be a way to make Artist1 (Netrebko) shut up once Artist2 (Jonas Kaufmann) enters the scene Big Grin
16-07-2012, 14:25
(16-07-2012 13:35)bbrip Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 11:45)simoncn Wrote:  In a future release of MinimServer, I'm planning to make the information in a) and b) ii) configurable. The issue described on this thread relates to b) i). I think making step b) i) optional would solve this issue, but I need to think this through in more depth to convince myself that it wouldn't cause problems for other scenarios.

It would be great to make that configurable. Actullay the ideal options regarding what is being send in the "Artist" tag to the control point might be as follows:

a) do nothing (ie display Artist info on CP as entered in the Artist tag)
b) take AlbumArtist value
c) compile from Artist, Orchestra, Conductor

bbrip

Actually, it will be more like the following:

Step 1: Use the album artist display value if available, where this value can be configured as one of the following:
a) not available
b) same as the AlbumArtist tag, if an AlbumArtist tag is present and the AlbumArtist tag is confgured as being in "first name first" style
c) the transformed value of the AlbumArtist tag, if an AlbumArtist tag is present and the AlbumArtist tag is confgured as being in "last name first" style
d) anything else I forgot to mention Smile

Step 2: Use the artist display value if available, where this value can be configured as one of the following:
a) not available
b) same as the Artist tag(s), if Artist tag(s) are present and the Artist tag is confgured as being in "first name first" style
c) the transformed values of the Artist tag(s), if Artist tag(s) are present and the Artist tag is confgured as being in "first name first" style
d) either of b) or c) above combined with other specified tag values treated in a similar fashion and separated by slash or comma
e) anything else I forgot to mention Smile

To get what you want, you would configure 1 a) and 2 b).
16-07-2012, 14:38
(16-07-2012 11:55)simoncn Wrote:  ...I suppose the intelligent algorithm would choose artist2 unless it's Tuesday and you've been doing a lot of listening to artist1 stuff recently! Smile

Ah, I just hadn't considered the pseudorandom Tuesdays issue; that's a tough one to crack! Smile
16-07-2012, 14:58 (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 15:09 by bbrip.)
(16-07-2012 14:25)simoncn Wrote:  Actually, it will be more like the following:

Step 1: Use the album artist display value if available, where this value can be configured as one of the following:
a) not available
b) same as the AlbumArtist tag, if an AlbumArtist tag is present and the AlbumArtist tag is confgured as being in "first name first" style
c) the transformed value of the AlbumArtist tag, if an AlbumArtist tag is present and the AlbumArtist tag is confgured as being in "last name first" style
d) anything else I forgot to mention Smile

Step 2: Use the artist display value if available, where this value can be configured as one of the following:
a) not available
b) same as the Artist tag(s), if Artist tag(s) are present and the Artist tag is confgured as being in "first name first" style
c) the transformed values of the Artist tag(s), if Artist tag(s) are present and the Artist tag is confgured as being in "first name first" style
d) either of b) or c) above combined with other specified tag values treated in a similar fashion and separated by slash or comma
e) anything else I forgot to mention Smile

To get what you want, you would configure 1 a) and 2 b).

So if the Albumartist is also available (filled with a value) but I dont want it to be considered in the Artist display field on CP, I will be able to tell Minim to disregard any value in the AlbumArtist field (Situation 1a) and tell it to use the vlaue in the Artist field for display purposes (Sitution 2b).

Correct? If so, then I'l be happy Smile

But it actually reads that it will still use the AlbumArtist value if it is filled in.....
16-07-2012, 15:24
(16-07-2012 14:58)bbrip Wrote:  So if the Albumartist is also available (filled with a value) but I dont want it to be considered in the Artist display field on CP, I will be able to tell Minim to disregard any value in the AlbumArtist field (Situation 1a) and tell it to use the vlaue in the Artist field for display purposes (Sitution 2b).

Correct? If so, then I'l be happy Smile

But it actually reads that it will still use the AlbumArtist value if it is filled in.....

It's as you want it to be.

I think my wording was correct. The album artist display value will be used if it's available. By choosing the 1 a) option, you're forcing the album artist display value to be not available, and therefore it won't be used.

Note that the album artist display value isn't necessarily the same as the value of the AlbumArtist tag.