Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tag formatting not working for AlbumArtist?
15-05-2014, 10:23
Information tag formatting not working for AlbumArtist?
Hi there. Fist of all let me state that I'm very pleased of the configuration capabilities of MinimServer... being used to Twonky and Kinsky, on which I have no power, Minim feels like heaven to me.

I am trying to set up a very large library of Opera and Classical music for a customer who has very specific needs in terms of naming. The customer is using mostly Kinsky for iPad and Chorus DS as control points. Kinsky in particular seems to be able to displaying only Album and AlbumArtist (if present, or Artist otherwise), so I am considering using those fields to provide the naming convention the customer is expecting. My goal is to tag his huge library so that each piece of information is stored in the proper tag (Orchestra, Composer, Performer...) and to use Mimim feautres to format Album and AlbumArtist according to customer's need in terms of what is displayed in control points.

So far I was able to successfully format Album, but not AlbumArtist. If, for instance, I use this syntax in the tagFormat property:

Artist.displayFormat={$date}

I can see the date instead of the content where Kinsky usually puts the content of the Artist tag. If, however, I change the above to this:

AlbumArtist.displayFormat={$date}

no changes appear on the AlbumArtist line on Kinsky interface.
Am I doing something wrong? Or Am I hitting some limitation of MinimServer? Any help welcome Smile

Regards,
Roberto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 17:16 (This post was last modified: 15-05-2014 17:17 by simoncn.)
RE: tag formatting not working for AlbumArtist?
(15-05-2014 10:23)rpatriarca Wrote:  If, however, I change the above to this:

AlbumArtist.displayFormat={$date}

no changes appear on the AlbumArtist line on Kinsky interface.
Am I doing something wrong? Or Am I hitting some limitation of MinimServer? Any help welcome Smile

Regards,
Roberto

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

I tried this and it is working for me when I use Kinsky Windows and right-click on a track to display the metadata details. What exactly do you mean by "the AlbumArtist line on Kinsky interface"? Which platform are you using to run Kinsky?
20-05-2014, 11:52
(15-05-2014 17:16)simoncn Wrote:  Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

I tried this and it is working for me when I use Kinsky Windows and right-click on a track to display the metadata details. What exactly do you mean by "the AlbumArtist line on Kinsky interface"? Which platform are you using to run Kinsky?

Hi, thanks for your answer.
I run Kinsky Desktop on Windows. When browsing albums (that is, not drilling down to track lists) in list view mode (i.e not tile view mode), Kinsky shows a thumbnail of the Artwork and four lines of text, the first of which (in larger font) being the contents of the Album tag. The other lines vary depending on what the media server provides. If it provides an AlbumArtist tag, that becomes the second line on Kinsky album view. Otherwise the second line is the contents of the Artist tag.
Or at least that is what I was able to make out.

Now, oddly enough, I *am* able to rewrite the AlbumArtist tag on my laptop PC, while the same seems not to work on my desktop PC. I have to investigate it further and will provide more detail if possible.

Bye,
Roberto

P.S. the longer I use Minim, the more I like it
20-05-2014, 17:16
(20-05-2014 11:52)rpatriarca Wrote:  Hi, thanks for your answer.
I run Kinsky Desktop on Windows. When browsing albums (that is, not drilling down to track lists) in list view mode (i.e not tile view mode), Kinsky shows a thumbnail of the Artwork and four lines of text, the first of which (in larger font) being the contents of the Album tag. The other lines vary depending on what the media server provides. If it provides an AlbumArtist tag, that becomes the second line on Kinsky album view. Otherwise the second line is the contents of the Artist tag.
Or at least that is what I was able to make out.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:Now, oddly enough, I *am* able to rewrite the AlbumArtist tag on my laptop PC, while the same seems not to work on my desktop PC. I have to investigate it further and will provide more detail if possible.

This probably means you have different properties set on the desktop PC or possibly an older version of MinimServer.

Quote:P.S. the longer I use Minim, the more I like it

Thanks very much!
05-01-2018, 22:33
I've got a similar issue on the Naim App.
I would like to add the genre to the AlbumArtist.
So I did:
AlbumArtist.displayFormat={$albumartist^$genre^ [^]}
But nothing changed.

I tried:
Artist.displayFormat={$artist^$genre^ [^]}
That worked partly on the title view page for an album the genre is attached to the artist but not in listing of the albums.

Is there a way to have the albumartists in the listed views followed by the genre?
08-01-2018, 11:58
This is happening because MinimServer does not support applying tag formatting to the Artist and AlbumArtist values of the album container for an album with an AlbumArtist tag. This works for the tracks inside the album and this is why you are seeing the formatted value on the album contents page.

The next MinimServer update will include a change to add this support. Thanks for letting me know about this.
29-01-2018, 20:25
This change is available now in MinimServer update 120. To install this update, you need to be running MinimServer 0.8.5.
29-01-2018, 21:37
Works as prommise.
I realy appreciate the work not only in the project but also your kind support in the forum.

There realy is no alternative.

Thank you so much.