Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer and artist name
06-04-2014, 16:43 (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 16:47 by Meffy.)
Composer and artist name
Hello simon. I've just discoverd on my control point (bubbleUpNp) that when i tab on a song "Now playing" i see informations of artist,genren,song type,format,duration,composer etc. BUT..., if the composer is exactly the same name as the artist"e.g. artist:Paul anka,Composer:Paul anka"then the composer doesn't show up.But if the Artist:Paul anka,Composer;Paul anka,Paul McCartney,Michael Jackson" then the composer shows up.Kinda weird i think. I tried to test this one even browsing Synology server instead of minimserver on my control point and the same thing happens there.Is there any setting i should bare in mind either on minimserver or control point?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 16:51
RE: Composer and artist name
(06-04-2014 16:43)Meffy Wrote:  Hello simon. I've just discoverd on my control point (bubbleUpNp) that when i tab on a song "Now playing" i see informations of artist,genren,song type,format,duration,composer etc. BUT..., if the composer is exactly the same name as the artist"e.g. artist:Paul anka,Composer:Paul anka"then the composer doesn't show up.But if the Artist:Paul anka,Composer;Paul anka,Paul McCartney,Michael Jackson" then the composer shows up.Kinda weird i think. I tried to test this one even browsing Synology server instead of minimserver on my control point and the same thing happens there.Is there any setting i should bare in mind either on minimserver or control point?

Thank you!

It sounds like this is a "feature" of BubbleUPnP. You would need to ask the author of BubbleUPnP if there is any way to change this.
06-04-2014, 17:05
(06-04-2014 16:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 16:43)Meffy Wrote:  Hello simon. I've just discoverd on my control point (bubbleUpNp) that when i tab on a song "Now playing" i see informations of artist,genren,song type,format,duration,composer etc. BUT..., if the composer is exactly the same name as the artist"e.g. artist:Paul anka,Composer:Paul anka"then the composer doesn't show up.But if the Artist:Paul anka,Composer;Paul anka,Paul McCartney,Michael Jackson" then the composer shows up.Kinda weird i think. I tried to test this one even browsing Synology server instead of minimserver on my control point and the same thing happens there.Is there any setting i should bare in mind either on minimserver or control point?

Thank you!

It sounds like this is a "feature" of BubbleUPnP. You would need to ask the author of BubbleUPnP if there is any way to change this.

Ok Thank you for you reply Simon
06-04-2014, 17:11
(06-04-2014 17:05)Meffy Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 16:51)simoncn Wrote:  

Thank you!

Ok Thank you for you reply Simon

BTW Simon, i wonder if you could try this for me if you have bubbleupnp and see if you get the same weird stuff as me.

Thank you
06-04-2014, 19:21
(06-04-2014 17:11)Meffy Wrote:  BTW Simon, i wonder if you could try this for me if you have bubbleupnp and see if you get the same weird stuff as me.

Thank you

I have tried this and I am not seeing what you have described. Both the Artist and Composer are displayed with identical values.

I have the following property settings:

tagOptions: Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}
tagCustom: Composer.displayRole={artist}, AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}
tagFormat: Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

What values do you have for these properties?
06-04-2014, 21:50 (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 21:51 by Meffy.)
(06-04-2014 19:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 17:11)Meffy Wrote:  BTW Simon, i wonder if you could try this for me if you have bubbleupnp and see if you get the same weird stuff as me.

Thank you

I have tried this and I am not seeing what you have described. Both the Artist and Composer are displayed with identical values.

I have the following property settings:

tagOptions: Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}
tagCustom: Composer.displayRole={artist}, AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}
tagFormat: Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

What values do you have for these properties?

I have exactly the same property settings as you, and still when i tab the now playing song on bubbleUpNp to see the metadata i still cant see the composer when the Artist and Composer are displayed with identical values.
I wonder what settings i have wrong Sad I have even re-installed bubble on my android
06-04-2014, 22:01
(06-04-2014 21:50)Meffy Wrote:  I have exactly the same property settings as you, and still when i tab the now playing song on bubbleUpNp to see the metadata i still cant see the composer when the Artist and Composer are displayed with identical values.
I wonder what settings i have wrong Sad I have even re-installed bubble on my android

When I tried this, I used a track that also has AlbumArtist tagged with the same value. Did the track that you used have an AlbumArtist tag?
06-04-2014, 22:25
(06-04-2014 22:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 21:50)Meffy Wrote:  I have exactly the same property settings as you, and still when i tab the now playing song on bubbleUpNp to see the metadata i still cant see the composer when the Artist and Composer are displayed with identical values.

When I tried this, I used a track that also has AlbumArtist tagged with the same value. Did the track that you used have an AlbumArtist tag?

Yes Simon it has. I send you a shot i took on the song properties

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-04-2014, 22:32
(06-04-2014 22:25)Meffy Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 22:01)simoncn Wrote:  

Yes Simon it has. I send you a shot i took on the song properties

I attach one more shot song properties that composer shows up on bubbleUpNp

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-04-2014, 22:34
(06-04-2014 22:32)Meffy Wrote:  I attach one more shot song properties that composer shows up on bubbleUpNp

I can't help any further with this. You will need to ask the author of BubbleUPnP why this is happening.