Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimwatch for iOS/Android
04-01-2014, 11:01
minimwatch for iOS/Android
Hi Simon

Would there be any chance of getting Minimwatch to run on ipad or android phone. Would be very handy

Graeme
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 12:11 (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 13:32 by simoncn.)
RE: minimwatch for iOS/Android
(04-01-2014 11:01)Foxman50 Wrote:  Hi Simon

Would there be any chance of getting Minimwatch to run on ipad or android phone. Would be very handy

Graeme

I have a long-term goal to provide equivalent functionality to MinimWatch on these platforms. The prospects are better for doing this on Android because Android runs Java and iOS doesn't. Even so, the UI portion of MinimWatch would need to be completely rewritten to run on Android, which isn't a small task. Another option would be to reimplement MinimWatch as a web UI using HTML5 and JavaScript, but this is probably even more work than doing an Android port.
04-01-2014, 13:22 (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 13:23 by Peter@57m.)
Remember, although not the full MinimWatch, while MinimServer is running, you can access a web browser status page hosted by MiunimServer. From this status page, you can check whether MinimServer is running, set an initial content directory, and initiate a rescan of your library.

It uses the port named in http.port in the System tab of MinimServer System Properties.
So example url would be ip_address:http.port which in my case was 192.168.1.50:9790

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
04-01-2014, 14:48
(04-01-2014 13:22)Peter@57m Wrote:  Remember, although not the full MinimWatch, while MinimServer is running, you can access a web browser status page hosted by MiunimServer. From this status page, you can check whether MinimServer is running, set an initial content directory, and initiate a rescan of your library.

It uses the port named in http.port in the System tab of MinimServer System Properties.
So example url would be ip_address:http.port which in my case was 192.168.1.50:9790

Many thanks Peter

To be honest it was a way to re scan the my library, from ipad, that i was after just in case i forgot too when adding music to my NAS. Great stuff

Graeme
14-01-2014, 22:15
For the users of BubbleUPnP I just wanted to note that since the latest version it is possible to initiate a MinimServer rescan from inside the app. Just long tap on MinimServer under the Devices tab and choose Rescan library.
18-09-2019, 23:14
Reviving this very old thread...

(04-01-2014 12:11)simoncn Wrote:  I have a long-term goal to provide equivalent functionality to MinimWatch on these platforms. The prospects are better for doing this on Android because Android runs Java and iOS doesn't. Even so, the UI portion of MinimWatch would need to be completely rewritten to run on Android, which isn't a small task. Another option would be to reimplement MinimWatch as a web UI using HTML5 and JavaScript, but this is probably even more work than doing an Android port.
Simon, any chance that Minimwatch will eventually get onto Android?
20-09-2019, 11:01
I understand the need for a configuration UI that can be accessed from mobile devices. It is likely that this UI will be web-based so that it is accessible from both Android and iOS.
20-09-2019, 13:50
Happy to get a web based Minimwatch that can be accessible from a mobile device. Any indicative time frame ?
20-09-2019, 17:19
In a word, no.

In a few more words, I have found it unwise to attempt to predict these things because my predictions are very rarely accurate.
21-09-2019, 04:31
No problems, can be an Android guinea pig if required...