|
MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
|
|
03-06-2019, 11:46
Post: #11
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
I do not. I've turned off most services, so only the built-in DLNA server, Java/MinimServer and a Time Machine share.
|
|||
|
03-06-2019, 11:51
Post: #12
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
I have sent you a PM with details of how to produce a debug log for this problem. Many thanks.
|
|||
|
03-06-2019, 11:56
Post: #13
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
Perfect. I've set that up and will send you the log asap.
|
|||
|
04-06-2019, 15:07
Post: #14
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
Ironically, while logging overnight, I haven't experienced a crash, so I've left it running.
|
|||
|
04-06-2019, 16:06
Post: #15
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
This will cause the log file to become unmanageably large. You need to stop and restart MinimServer from the Package Center every day to prevent this from happening.
|
|||
|
06-06-2019, 09:01
Post: #16
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
I think this is now suffering from the observer effect. Doesn't seem to crash while logging.
|
|||
|
06-06-2019, 23:18
Post: #17
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
Unfortunately I can't investigate the problem without a log, so we are into the "catch 22" effect.
|
|||
|
07-06-2019, 10:38
Post: #18
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
Sure, I understand that. Looking at the contents of the log file, there is a lot of noise like the following:
13:21:01.043 Thread-14: ohNet: < SocketUdpBase::Receive 13:21:01.043 Thread-14: ohNet: > SocketUdpBase::Receive 13:21:01.044 Thread-14: ohNet: Socket::ReceiveFrom H = 1247919448 13:21:01.044 Thread-15: ohNet: <Socket::ReceiveFrom H = 1247919560 Which is sent every 10-20ms. As a result the log file after 24 hours is 87MB. I'm going to just leave it running over the weekend. If it crashes then we'll figure out what's actually useful in that log. |
|||
|
22-07-2019, 11:43
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2019 11:43 by simoncn.)
Post: #19
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
Thanks for this. I am considering making an update available that removes this noise as it doesn't seem to serve any useful pupose.
If you are still getting the problem, please check the Synology system log in Log Center to see whether there are any log events at the time of the crashes. Another user has told me that their log shows a lot of Link Down / Link Up messages for eth0 and some of these correspond exactly to crash times. |
|||
|
23-07-2019, 09:24
Post: #20
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
That seems sane.
I haven't experienced the issue in a while. Based on what you've said though, I wonder if its reproducible by pulling the network cable. I'll give that a try later today. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



