Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Install and now the first configurating questions about sorting and translation
16-04-2013, 06:38
First Install and now the first configurating questions about sorting and translation
Hello together,

I'am a new MinimServer User from Germany and installed yesterday the new Version 0.70 on my QNAP-SS439 System and Linn Kinsky on my iPad.

The main point is the possibility to see multi-disc albums better than with twonky.

The Installation was very easy and after trying some things in want to ask some questions:

- It is possible to "translate" the first two lists from "x albums" to "x Alben" and "x item" to "x Titel" by adding some parameters?

- I added a "AlbumArtist" view instead of Artist view to see only the "main" Artists. It worked perfect. But now it would be great to only the album list by name with an automated added date or two lists: one by name an one by year?

- its is possible to hide the folder view

- I tried to add "Date" to the tagOptions, but i get only an Error.

- And for last: When starting Songbook '11 i could see the Minim Server as a possible Device, but after selecting I see an "empty server"

It would be great to get some feedback, because for me the minim Server could be perfect.

Regards hahni
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 08:21
RE: First Install and now the first configurating questions
(16-04-2013 06:38)hahni Wrote:  Hello together,

I'am a new MinimServer User from Germany and installed yesterday the new Version 0.70 on my QNAP-SS439 System and Linn Kinsky on my iPad.

The main point is the possibility to see multi-disc albums better than with twonky.

The Installation was very easy and after trying some things in want to ask some questions:

- It is possible to "translate" the first two lists from "x albums" to "x Alben" and "x item" to "x Titel" by adding some parameters?

Not in the current release. This is a planned future enhancement.

Quote:- I added a "AlbumArtist" view instead of Artist view to see only the "main" Artists. It worked perfect. But now it would be great to only the album list by name with an automated added date or two lists: one by name an one by year?

You can add a year to the album title by using the tagFormat option. You can use the Album.sortTags setting to choose whether to sort the album list by name or by year, but you can't switch between these.

Quote:- its is possible to hide the folder view

Not in the current release. This is a possible future enhancement.

Quote:- I tried to add "Date" to the tagOptions, but i get only an Error.

Please describe exactly what you tried to add, and what the error message was.

Quote:- And for last: When starting Songbook '11 i could see the Minim Server as a possible Device, but after selecting I see an "empty server"

I believe this is a known problem with Songbook '11. MinimServer works well with Songbook Lite.

Quote:It would be great to get some feedback, because for me the minim Server could be perfect.

Thanks very much!
16-04-2013, 11:00
(16-04-2013 08:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:38)hahni Wrote:  Hello together,

Not in the current release. This is a planned future enhancement.

Quote:- I added a "AlbumArtist" view instead of Artist view to see only the "main" Artists. It worked perfect. But now it would be great to only the album list by name with an automated added date or two lists: one by name an one by year?

You can add a year to the album title by using the tagFormat option. You can use the Album.sortTags setting to choose whether to sort the album list by name or by year, but you can't switch between these.

Quote:- its is possible to hide the folder view

Not in the current release. This is a possible future enhancement.

Quote:- I tried to add "Date" to the tagOptions, but i get only an Error.

Please describe exactly what you tried to add, and what the error message was.

Quote:- And for last: When starting Songbook '11 i could see the Minim Server as a possible Device, but after selecting I see an "empty server"

I believe this is a known problem with Songbook '11. MinimServer works well with Songbook Lite.

Quote:It would be great to get some feedback, because for me the minim Server could be perfect.

Thanks very much!

Hi Simon,

thanks for your quick Answer.

You asked for the error message:

in "tagOptions": Album.sortTags={Album, Artist} - this seems to be the standard configuration and it works

trying to use: "tagOptions": Album.sortTags={Date} makes the following error: incorrect tag name 'Date' in option 'Album.sortTags' in property 'tagOptions'

You says that it is possible to add the Date to the album name, i read the documentation but "i stand on the line" and perhaps you could give me an example how to do this.

thanks a lot, hahni
16-04-2013, 11:19
(16-04-2013 11:00)hahni Wrote:  trying to use: "tagOptions": Album.sortTags={Date} makes the following error: incorrect tag name 'Date' in option 'Album.sortTags' in property 'tagOptions'

You says that it is possible to add the Date to the album name, i read the documentation but "i stand on the line" and perhaps you could give me an example how to do this.

thanks a lot, hahni

This probably means you need to add Date to indexTags or itemTags. It is included in indexTags by default. Did you remove it?
16-04-2013, 12:05 (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 12:08 by winxi.)
(16-04-2013 11:00)hahni Wrote:  You says that it is possible to add the Date to the album name, i read the documentation but "i stand on the line" and perhaps you could give me an example how to do this.

Hi, to a achieve this, I think you could set the tagFormat property to

Code:
Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ (^)}

Btw, i think the counterpart for the german saying "auf der Leitung stehen" is "to get one's wires crossed" instead of "to stand on the line". My English isn't perfect either. However, I found this one to be quite funny Smile
16-04-2013, 12:07
RE: First Install and now the first configurating questions about sorting and
(16-04-2013 11:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:00)hahni Wrote:  trying to use: "tagOptions": Album.sortTags={Date} makes the following error: incorrect tag name 'Date' in option 'Album.sortTags' in property 'tagOptions'

thanks a lot, hahni

This probably means you need to add Date to indexTags or itemTags. It is included in indexTags by default. Did you remove it?

Perhaps i think so - i have attached the screenshot of the first configuration page.

16-04-2013, 12:10
(16-04-2013 12:05)winxi Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:00)hahni Wrote:  You says that it is possible to add the Date to the album name, i read the documentation but "i stand on the line" and perhaps you could give me an example how to do this.

Hi, to a achieve this, I think you could set the tagFormat property to

Code:
Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ (^)}

Btw, i think the counterpart for the german saying "auf der Leitung stehen" is "to get one's wires crossed" instead of "to stand on the line". I found this one quite funny Smile

hi winxi, sorry for the bad "translation" of the german spelling - i'am a little bit confused after three weeks of trying to make a better twonky configuration and now to get a quick and perfect result with the minim server. :-)
16-04-2013, 12:17
(16-04-2013 12:10)hahni Wrote:  hi winxi, sorry for the bad "translation" of the german spelling - i'am a little bit confused after three weeks of trying to make a better twonky configuration and now to get a quick and perfect result with the minim server. :-)

I dind't mean to offend you in any way, I also often have a quite "German English". I think that you made the right decision to move from Twonky to MinimServer. I'm quite sure that with MinimServer you will get your desired result, presuming that you have a well-tagged library.
As for your screenshot from before, you should add 'Date' either to indexTags or itemTags to make it available for the other properties. Add it to indexTags if you want Date to appear as a selection choice in the browsing tree and add it to itemTags otherwise.

Best regards,
winxi
16-04-2013, 12:26
(16-04-2013 12:17)winxi Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 12:10)hahni Wrote:  hi winxi, sorry for the bad "translation" of the german spelling - i'am a little bit confused after three weeks of trying to make a better twonky configuration and now to get a quick and perfect result with the minim server. :-)

I dind't mean to offend you in any way, I also often have a quite "German English". I think that you made the right decision to move from Twonky to MinimServer. I'm quite sure that with MinimServer you will get your desired result, presuming that you have a well-tagged library.
As for your screenshot from before, you should add 'Date' either to indexTags or itemTags to make it available for the other properties. Add it to indexTags if you want Date to appear as a selection choice in the browsing tree and add it to itemTags otherwise.

Best regards,
winxi

No Problem - it's good to write more english again.... :-) - my library is based on ripping with XLD an a mac pro in my home office - then importing into iTunes. The complete iTunes library is saved on the QNAP NAS (including the main iTunes XML File). After the first start of the Linn Kinsky App i saw some "bad tagging" with the "Genre" Tags, but the other tags were completely right (Album, AlbumArtist, CD-Numbering, Composer, Date, Cover) and so the result is compared with my twonky.-trials very perfect.
16-04-2013, 12:37
RE: First Install and now the first configurating questions about sorting and
I added:

at Position "tagFormat": Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ (^)}

at Position "itemTags": Date

and the result is this:

Great!!!!!!!