Post Reply 
Minimwatch Installation Failure
16-02-2016, 19:31
Post: #1
Minimwatch Installation Failure
I have a problem.
I recently had to re-install Windows 10.
When trying to reinstall Minimwatch, the progress bar gets about a third of the way along & a window opens & informs me I have successfully installed Minimwatch.

However when I click the finish button (having ticked the "Launch Minimwatch" tickbox), all that happens is that a WinRAR page opens displaying a load of Minimwatch related files.

I have tried unpacking the files to a newly created folder called Minimwatch, but I have no clue as to how to proceed from there, as there does not appear to be any .exe files unpacked.

Can anyone help?

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2016, 19:42
Post: #2
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
You need to open the WinRAR settings page and remove .jar from the list of filetypes associated with WinRAR. After you do this, double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon should run the MinimWatch .jar file.

You should not unpack the MinimWatch .jar file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 19:58
Post: #3
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(16-02-2016 19:42)simoncn Wrote:  You need to open the WinRAR settings page and remove .jar from the list of filetypes associated with WinRAR. After you do this, double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon should run the MinimWatch .jar file.

You should not unpack the MinimWatch .jar file.
Hi,
I actually unistalled WinRAR from my machine.
Now, the installation process opens Photoshop CS5!
I uninstalled CS5, & still the installation fails, but this time an error window opens up with the following message:

"Unable to execute file:

C\Program Files\Minimwatch\\lib\mmwatch.jar

Shell executeEx failed; code 2147221003

Application not found"

Help!!

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 20:20
Post: #4
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 19:58)Mescalito Wrote:  Hi,
I actually unistalled WinRAR from my machine.
Now, the installation process opens Photoshop CS5!
I uninstalled CS5, & still the installation fails, but this time an error window opens up with the following message:

"Unable to execute file:

C\Program Files\Minimwatch\\lib\mmwatch.jar

Shell executeEx failed; code 2147221003

Application not found"

Help!!

Chris

Try uninstalling Java and then reinstalling Java.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 20:52
Post: #5
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 20:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 19:58)Mescalito Wrote:  Hi,
I actually unistalled WinRAR from my machine.
Now, the installation process opens Photoshop CS5!
I uninstalled CS5, & still the installation fails, but this time an error window opens up with the following message:

"Unable to execute file:

C\Program Files\Minimwatch\\lib\mmwatch.jar

Shell executeEx failed; code 2147221003

Application not found"

Help!!

Chris

Try uninstalling Java and then reinstalling Java.
Hi,

That didn't work either

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 20:53
Post: #6
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 20:52)Mescalito Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 20:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 19:58)Mescalito Wrote:  Hi,
I actually unistalled WinRAR from my machine.
Now, the installation process opens Photoshop CS5!
I uninstalled CS5, & still the installation fails, but this time an error window opens up with the following message:

"Unable to execute file:

C\Program Files\Minimwatch\\lib\mmwatch.jar

Shell executeEx failed; code 2147221003

Application not found"

Help!!

Chris

Try uninstalling Java and then reinstalling Java.
Hi,

That didn't work either

Chris
I got the same error window

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 21:49
Post: #7
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 20:53)Mescalito Wrote:  I got the same error window

Chris

You can check the .jar file association by entering the commands:

assoc .jar
assoc jarfile

in a command prompt window. What is the output from these commands?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2016, 19:14
Post: #8
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 21:49)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 20:53)Mescalito Wrote:  I got the same error window

Chris

You can check the .jar file association by entering the commands:

assoc .jar
assoc jarfile

in a command prompt window. What is the output from these commands?

Hi,

I get:

assoc .jar -> .jar=jarfile
assoc jarfile -> jarfile = Executable Jar File

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2016, 21:20
Post: #9
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(18-02-2016 19:14)Mescalito Wrote:  Hi,

I get:

assoc .jar -> .jar=jarfile
assoc jarfile -> jarfile = Executable Jar File

Chris

This all looks good. if you open Default Programs in Control Panel, then select 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program', what is in the Current Default column for the .jar extension?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2016, 17:04
Post: #10
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(18-02-2016 21:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 19:14)Mescalito Wrote:  Hi,

I get:

assoc .jar -> .jar=jarfile
assoc jarfile -> jarfile = Executable Jar File

Chris

This all looks good. if you open Default Programs in Control Panel, then select 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program', what is in the Current Default column for the .jar extension?
Hi,
Unknown Application

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)