|
Minimwatch Installation Failure
|
|
16-02-2016, 19:31
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Minimwatch Installation Failure
I have a problem.
I recently had to re-install Windows 10. When trying to reinstall Minimwatch, the progress bar gets about a third of the way along & a window opens & informs me I have successfully installed Minimwatch. However when I click the finish button (having ticked the "Launch Minimwatch" tickbox), all that happens is that a WinRAR page opens displaying a load of Minimwatch related files. I have tried unpacking the files to a newly created folder called Minimwatch, but I have no clue as to how to proceed from there, as there does not appear to be any .exe files unpacked. Can anyone help? Chris |
|||
|
16-02-2016, 19:42
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
You need to open the WinRAR settings page and remove .jar from the list of filetypes associated with WinRAR. After you do this, double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon should run the MinimWatch .jar file.
You should not unpack the MinimWatch .jar file. |
|||
|
17-02-2016, 19:58
Post: #3
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(16-02-2016 19:42)simoncn Wrote: You need to open the WinRAR settings page and remove .jar from the list of filetypes associated with WinRAR. After you do this, double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon should run the MinimWatch .jar file.Hi, I actually unistalled WinRAR from my machine. Now, the installation process opens Photoshop CS5! I uninstalled CS5, & still the installation fails, but this time an error window opens up with the following message: "Unable to execute file: C\Program Files\Minimwatch\\lib\mmwatch.jar Shell executeEx failed; code 2147221003 Application not found" Help!! Chris |
|||
|
17-02-2016, 20:20
Post: #4
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 19:58)Mescalito Wrote: Hi, Try uninstalling Java and then reinstalling Java. |
|||
|
17-02-2016, 20:52
Post: #5
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 20:20)simoncn Wrote:Hi,(17-02-2016 19:58)Mescalito Wrote: Hi, That didn't work either Chris |
|||
|
17-02-2016, 20:53
Post: #6
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 20:52)Mescalito Wrote:I got the same error window(17-02-2016 20:20)simoncn Wrote:Hi,(17-02-2016 19:58)Mescalito Wrote: Hi, Chris |
|||
|
17-02-2016, 21:49
Post: #7
|
|||
|
|||
| RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure | |||
|
18-02-2016, 19:14
Post: #8
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(17-02-2016 21:49)simoncn Wrote:(17-02-2016 20:53)Mescalito Wrote: I got the same error window Hi, I get: assoc .jar -> .jar=jarfile assoc jarfile -> jarfile = Executable Jar File Chris |
|||
|
18-02-2016, 21:20
Post: #9
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(18-02-2016 19:14)Mescalito Wrote: Hi, This all looks good. if you open Default Programs in Control Panel, then select 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program', what is in the Current Default column for the .jar extension? |
|||
|
19-02-2016, 17:04
Post: #10
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Minimwatch Installation Failure
(18-02-2016 21:20)simoncn Wrote:Hi,(18-02-2016 19:14)Mescalito Wrote: Hi, Unknown Application Chris |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



