Post Reply 
m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" errors
13-03-2015, 14:19 (This post was last modified: 13-03-2015 14:21 by Fotospecht.)
Post: #1
m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" errors
Hello,

I wanted to give MinimServer a try, but at the first scan of my music lib I'm getting lots of errors.

Here is an example for the m3u errors:
Code:
Error: playlist MP3/Jazz/Jones, Thad/1956 - The Magnificent/Thad Jones - The Magnificent.m3u: no matching file for 01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3

The m3u has this content:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:401,Thad Jones - April In Paris
01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3
#EXTINF:450,Thad Jones - Billie-Doo
02 - Thad Jones - Billie-Doo.mp3
#EXTINF:447,Thad Jones - If I Love Again
03 - Thad Jones - If I Love Again.mp3
#EXTINF:351,Thad Jones - If Someone Had Told Me
04 - Thad Jones - If Someone Had Told Me.mp3
#EXTINF:634,Thad Jones - Thedia
05 - Thad Jones - Thedia.mp3
#EXTINF:458,Thad Jones - I've Got A Crush On You
06 - Thad Jones - I've Got A Crush On You.mp3
#EXTINF:232,Thad Jones - Somthing To Remember You By
07 - Thad Jones - Somthing To Remember You By.mp3

And the directory contains these files:
Code:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   6745557 Mar 14  2005 01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   7607334 Mar 14  2005 02 - Thad Jones - Billie-Doo.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   7841807 Mar 14  2005 03 - Thad Jones - If I Love Again.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   7115133 Mar 14  2005 04 - Thad Jones - If Someone Had Told Me.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone  12451661 Mar 14  2005 05 - Thad Jones - Thedia.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   8459848 Mar 14  2005 06 - Thad Jones - I've Got A Crush On You.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   4600893 Mar 15  2005 07 - Thad Jones - Something To Remember You By.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone       600 Mar 14  2005 Thad Jones - The Magnificent.m3u*

The Playlists are working fine with other programs, so could it be a problem with the spaces in the filenames ? And how can I resolve this error ?



Another problem is that I'm getting lots of APIC errors:
Code:
Error: ID3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format at offset 237 in file MP3/Jazz/Jones, Thad/1956 - Detroit-New York Junction/04 - Thad Jones - Scratch.mp3 (length 12753556)

However the pics are displayed correctly in other programs.


Does anybody know if there is a tool which resolves the APIC errors for Linux or Windows ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 17:52
Post: #2
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" ...
(13-03-2015 14:19)Fotospecht Wrote:  Hello,

I wanted to give MinimServer a try, but at the first scan of my music lib I'm getting lots of errors.

Here is an example for the m3u errors:
Code:
Error: playlist MP3/Jazz/Jones, Thad/1956 - The Magnificent/Thad Jones - The Magnificent.m3u: no matching file for 01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3

The m3u has this content:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:401,Thad Jones - April In Paris
01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3
#EXTINF:450,Thad Jones - Billie-Doo
02 - Thad Jones - Billie-Doo.mp3
#EXTINF:447,Thad Jones - If I Love Again
03 - Thad Jones - If I Love Again.mp3
#EXTINF:351,Thad Jones - If Someone Had Told Me
04 - Thad Jones - If Someone Had Told Me.mp3
#EXTINF:634,Thad Jones - Thedia
05 - Thad Jones - Thedia.mp3
#EXTINF:458,Thad Jones - I've Got A Crush On You
06 - Thad Jones - I've Got A Crush On You.mp3
#EXTINF:232,Thad Jones - Somthing To Remember You By
07 - Thad Jones - Somthing To Remember You By.mp3

And the directory contains these files:
Code:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   6745557 Mar 14  2005 01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   7607334 Mar 14  2005 02 - Thad Jones - Billie-Doo.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   7841807 Mar 14  2005 03 - Thad Jones - If I Love Again.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   7115133 Mar 14  2005 04 - Thad Jones - If Someone Had Told Me.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone  12451661 Mar 14  2005 05 - Thad Jones - Thedia.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   8459848 Mar 14  2005 06 - Thad Jones - I've Got A Crush On You.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone   4600893 Mar 15  2005 07 - Thad Jones - Something To Remember You By.mp3*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sh       everyone       600 Mar 14  2005 Thad Jones - The Magnificent.m3u*

The Playlists are working fine with other programs, so could it be a problem with the spaces in the filenames ? And how can I resolve this error ?

I have tried this on both Windows and Linux and it is working for me with spaces in the filenames.

Does the playlist by any chance have a space at the end of this line?

01 - Thad Jones - April In Paris.mp3

Spaces are significant in m3u files, so this would cause the file not to be found.

Quote:Another problem is that I'm getting lots of APIC errors:
Code:
Error: ID3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format at offset 237 in file MP3/Jazz/Jones, Thad/1956 - Detroit-New York Junction/04 - Thad Jones - Scratch.mp3 (length 12753556)

However the pics are displayed correctly in other programs.

Does anybody know if there is a tool which resolves the APIC errors for Linux or Windows ?

This message means the frame size wasn't encoded correctly according to the ID3v2.4 specification.

I'd like to take a look at this file to check that MinimServer is reading it correctly. Please can you upload it to my FTP server. I will PM you the server details. Many thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 21:05
Post: #3
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" errors
Hello, I uploaded the files to your ftp.

I'm getting the m3u errors for every m3u file in my collection, these files were created by Exact Audio Copy, a ripping tool for windows.
The APIC error appears also for every single file, I have about 20.000 MP3s - the image was originally added by iTunes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 22:41 (This post was last modified: 13-03-2015 23:13 by simoncn.)
Post: #4
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" ...
(13-03-2015 21:05)Fotospecht Wrote:  Hello, I uploaded the files to your ftp.

I'm getting the m3u errors for every m3u file in my collection, these files were created by Exact Audio Copy, a ripping tool for windows.
The APIC error appears also for every single file, I have about 20.000 MP3s - the image was originally added by iTunes.

Do the m3u files have spaces at the end of the filename lines?

Edit: I checked the uploaded file and it doesn't have spaces at the end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 22:54
Post: #5
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" ...
(13-03-2015 21:05)Fotospecht Wrote:  Hello, I uploaded the files to your ftp.

I'm getting the m3u errors for every m3u file in my collection, these files were created by Exact Audio Copy, a ripping tool for windows.
The APIC error appears also for every single file, I have about 20.000 MP3s - the image was originally added by iTunes.

Which platform are you using to run MinimServer? From your original post, it looks like this is Linux, but the m3u file that you uploaded is in a Windows format.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 23:11
Post: #6
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" ...
(13-03-2015 21:05)Fotospecht Wrote:  Hello, I uploaded the files to your ftp.

I'm getting the m3u errors for every m3u file in my collection, these files were created by Exact Audio Copy, a ripping tool for windows.
The APIC error appears also for every single file, I have about 20.000 MP3s - the image was originally added by iTunes.

The length field for the APIC frame is incorrect, as reported by MinimServer. In ID3v2.4, these lengths must be written as "synchsafe" integers (see section 4 of this doument). In the file you uploaded, the length isn't a "synchsafe" integer.

I don't know of any easy way to fix this file format problem. I tried running the file through dBpoweramp Music Converter, which removed the incorrect APIC frame. This might be good enough, as I see the folder also contains a cover.jpg file for the art image.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 23:25
Post: #7
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" errors
I'm running the MinimServer process ona QNAP NAS, but the files were originally created under Windows by EAC and the Pics were added by iTunes under Windows.
So I guess it is iTunes fault. I will take a look at dBpoweramp to see if I can fix the files.

What about the M3U error ? I also uploaded a .m3u file to your FTP that is causing the error with the "no matching file".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 23:40
Post: #8
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" ...
(13-03-2015 23:25)Fotospecht Wrote:  I'm running the MinimServer process ona QNAP NAS, but the files were originally created under Windows by EAC and the Pics were added by iTunes under Windows.
So I guess it is iTunes fault. I will take a look at dBpoweramp to see if I can fix the files.

What about the M3U error ? I also uploaded a .m3u file to your FTP that is causing the error with the "no matching file".

I will check this and let you know. My guess at the moment is that it's caused by having Windows-style line endings (CR+LF) in a Linux text file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2015, 08:58
Post: #9
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" ...
(13-03-2015 23:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 23:25)Fotospecht Wrote:  What about the M3U error ? I also uploaded a .m3u file to your FTP that is causing the error with the "no matching file".

I will check this and let you know. My guess at the moment is that it's caused by having Windows-style line endings (CR+LF) in a Linux text file.

I've checked this and the problem is caused by the APIC frame errors. Because of this problem, MinimServer is unable to read the files and they aren't available for use by the playlist. The Windows-style line endings aren't a problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2015, 21:10
Post: #10
RE: m3u Playlist errors and "D3v2.4 'APIC' frame size has incorrect format" errors
Thanks for investigating. I will fix my files and continue to test MinimServer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)