Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delays in starting a radio stream.
16-08-2022, 16:18
RE: Delays in starting a radio stream.
For the record:
I discounted Simon's broadband theory, since I have been experiencing this issue at 2 different locations with different internet connections, and also streaming from Qobuz is not affected. Further experimentation and investigation highlighted 1 Android renderer and control point, and one station as being the worst cases. The guilty (Lenovo) device on which BubbleUPnP was underperforming had a security feature which randomized the MAC address for its wifi, which I turned off. The station causing the most frequent stalled streams was encoded in aac+, and had a stream with an optional .m3u extension on the name. I removed this extension and used other devices for control and rendering and found an acceptable level of first time playing.

The stalled attempts to play still occur occasionally, and seem to be worse with aac streams, and streams where the Lenovo device is in any way involved. The problem is still intermittent and not sufficiently frequent to warrant further experimentation, therefore I have parked this problem pending further developments.
Marmite

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W10>Upplay / W10>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delays in starting a radio stream. - MarmiteSandwich - 16-08-2022 16:18