Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JAVA restart necessary to fix inactive Minimserver?
01-06-2013, 17:58
RE: JAVA restart necessary to fix inactive Minimserver?
(01-06-2013 15:59)hvaleton Wrote:  Hi Simon,

The last few entries of the minimserver-out-11345.log (last change date: 31-05-2013, 17:01) follow hereafter.
There is also a minimserver-out-12105.log with last change date 15-05-2013, 22:39 so I assume that one is not relevant. I think I upgraded from 0.71 to 0.72 on the fifteenth of may.

MinimWeileton is running
stopping MinimWeileton
MinimWeileton is stopped
starting MinimWeileton
MinimWeileton is running
stopping MinimWeileton
MinimWeileton is stopped
starting MinimWeileton
MinimWeileton is running
stopping MinimWeileton
MinimWeileton is stopped
starting MinimWeileton
MinimWeileton is running
java: Os/Posix/Os.c:639: CreateHandle: Assertion `aSocket >= 0 && aSocket < 1024' failed.

Perhaps the Java error in this last entry gives you a clue?

Hans

It's actually an ohNet error message. (java is the name of the executable.)

This does provide a useful clue. It appears that the MinimServer process on the QNAP has reached the default Linux limit of 1024 file descriptors.
If the same MinimServer process has been running for some weeks, it's possible that it's doing something that is "leaking" file descriptors.

You can use the command

lsof -p <pid>

to see what descriptors are open for process ID <pid>.

If you get an error message "cannot execute binary file" from lsof, you need to install the ipkg version of lsof and use that instead:

/opt/sbin/lsof -p <pid>

You can find the current <pid> value for the MinimServer process by running 'ps' or by looking in the /tmp/minimserver-sh.log file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JAVA restart necessary to fix inactive Minimserver? - simoncn - 01-06-2013 17:58