Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JAVA restart necessary to fix inactive Minimserver?
01-06-2013, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 15:46 by hvaleton.)
RE: JAVA restart necessary to fix inactive Minimserver?
(01-06-2013 15:17)simoncn Wrote:  The 0.52 problem was fixed a long time ago, so that's not related to this problem.

Stopping and restarting Java shouldn't make any dfference, and isn't recommended. Stopping Java just removes some symbolic links, and restarting Java creates these links again.

The best thing to do if you have a problem like this is to disable MinimServer from the QNAP QPKG Center. Doing this automatically creates a diagnostic file containing various useful information. This file is named minimserver-diag.tar.gz and is located in the Public share of the QNAP. Please attach this file to a forum post here, and I'll take a look at it.

This file should have been created when you stopped and restarted MinimServer the first time after the original problem. When you stopped and restarted MinimServer for the second time, this file would have been overwritten by a second copy, overwriting the diagnostic information that was in the first copy. Without stopping MinimServer first, please attach the current version of this file (the second copy) to a forum post, and I'll look at it to see if it contains any clues.

Hi Simon,

I found the minimserver-diag.tar.gz file and its size is about 15MB and so I can't attach it to this post. I just tried and got a warning that it was too big. Strange, because in the User Control Panel of this forum it says that the attachment quota is unlimited.
Please advise!

Thanks in advance,

Hans
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JAVA restart necessary to fix inactive Minimserver? - hvaleton - 01-06-2013 15:35