Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AliasTags and Artists
27-05-2013, 11:19 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 19:57 by hvaleton.)
AliasTags and Artists
Hi Simon,

Some ten days ago you helped me sort out some tagging issues in the 'Sort by Filename' thread. One of the helpful suggestions was to use aliasTags.
Currently I am trying to find a way to use multiple artists in the Artist tag.

Up until now I've always used a comma separated list of artists in the Artist tag, e.g.:

Alina Ibragimova (viool), Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, Vladimir Jurowski

Of course this way I can't index by the individual artists, I would have to use semicolons. But unfortunately, when I try replacing the comma's with semicolons, my Sonos then only displays the last named artist in the Now Playing section, in this case:
Vladimir Jurowski
See also my rather lengthy piece on how I use my Sonos in the 'Sort by Filename' thread, where I explained that I have Sonos play classical music from .m3u files.

In short, I'd very much like to keep the Artist tags populaed the way they are now. And this is where the aliasing comes in: I've added a new custom tag (Custom4) in which I list the artists separated by semicolons.
I added two entries to the aliasTags property:
1 Custom4:Artist
2 Artist:nil

But this does not give the desired result.
Under "All Artists" Kinsky now only shows indexes such as:
Alina Ibragimova (viool); Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment; Vladimir Jurowski
Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment; Vladimir Jurowski
Maxim Vengerov (viool); Gewandhausorchester Leipzig; Kurt Masur

Could it be that, because of the aliasing, the splitting of the Artist string using semicolons does not work anymore? (or am I doing something wrong here?) And was that a deliberate choice on your part? Could anything be done about it?

By the way: I'm still very enthousiastic about the MinimServer!

Hans Valeton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AliasTags and Artists - hvaleton - 27-05-2013 11:19
RE: AliasTags and Artists - simoncn - 27-05-2013, 12:02
RE: AliasTags and Artists - hvaleton - 27-05-2013, 19:55
RE: AliasTags and Artists - simoncn - 27-05-2013, 20:37
RE: AliasTags and Artists - hvaleton - 27-05-2013, 20:54
RE: AliasTags and Artists - simoncn - 27-05-2013, 22:07