Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolidating Artist in index (ArtistSort)
28-05-2020, 11:09
Consolidating Artist in index (ArtistSort)
Hi,
I hope someone can help.
I can't for the life of me get the Artist Sort to work on my server.

The end result I am looking for is (for example) to have Prince, Prince and The Revolution, and Prince and The New Power Generation to all be indexed under one Artist "Prince". And when selecting an album or track have it still play out/display as the full artist name e.g. ""Prince and The Revolution".

I have tired the Custom Artist Index Sorting from Music Library help (i will paste below), I tag Artist Sort as "Prince" for all files but the Artist index on my device still shows the individual Album Artist names.

I hope someone can help me out, many thanks in advance.

John

Quote:Custom Artist index sorting

If your library contains ArtistSort tags, you can use the value.sort option setting of the tagValue property to sort the entries in the Artist index using the values in ArtistSort tags. To set this up, do the following:

* Add Artist to the indexTags list if it isn't already there.
* If your library contains any AlbumArtist tags, make sure you have AlbumArtist in either the itemTags list (if you want to use the Artist index for AlbumArtist values) or the indexTags list (if you want a separate AlbumArtist index).
* Add ArtistSort to the itemTags list if it isn't already there.
* Set the tagValue property to:
Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}, AlbumArtist.value.sort={ArtistSort}
* If you don't have any AlbumArtist tags, you can omit the AlbumArtist.value.sort setting.

With these settings, Artist and/or AlbumArtist index entries will be sorted using ArtistSort tag values. Any Artist or AlbumArtist entries that don't have a matching ArtistSort tag will be sorted in their usual order.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Consolidating Artist in index (ArtistSort) - hellboyberry - 28-05-2020 11:09