Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
30-04-2019, 15:12 (This post was last modified: 30-04-2019 15:44 by FransZappa.)
lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
Hi there,

I have been using the Lumin app as a control for a few years now and never had any connection problems up to recently.

My set up is simple: Qnap NAS with MinimServer - TplinkArcherC7 router - Linn DS.

I believe it started after a Lumin update but I'm not sure, might be a Linn update but the Lumin loses its connection after about half an hour to an hour either playing music or playing none. I can still browse my files, the Linn still plays but the playlist is no longer shown and the are no play/pause and skip controllers and one cannot add tracks or albums anymore. When I close the app and start it up again everything is working properly again until it decides to lose the connection again.

The strange thing is that Linn Kazoo does not have this problem, it keeps connected and working as it should - it is just that I really hate the Kazoo app so I want to keep using the Lumin app. Anyway that is why I'm doubting that it is a network problem.

Anyone knows about a Linn-Lumin bug or any suggestion on how to fix this issue?

ADDENDUM - when the Lumin app has lost connection and you try to add a track to your playlist there is a message that reads 'please select a LUMIN' , generally that would be my Linn which I cannot select in the options-section because no connected device is found. MinimServer is displayed properly however.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds - FransZappa - 30-04-2019 15:12