Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent browsing: inconsistent behavior?
04-04-2019, 23:01
RE: Intelligent browsing: inconsistent behavior?
(04-04-2019 18:24)ac16161 Wrote:  Since intelligent browsing is being discussed, I thought that when browsing down from Artist to album, if a single album is present for the artist then Minimserver should immediately descend to the album track list? Or did I imagine that? With Linn Kazoo I don't find the browsing to be that intelligent in that respect, though in others it is quite nice.

If you select an artist and the artist matches a single complete album, MinimServer shows an album container for the complete album. For many control points, this provides a convenient way to select the complete album container for playing. To show the track list for the album, you would need to click on the album container.

If you select an artist and the artist matches a single incomplete album (i.e., not all tracks on the album are by this artist), MinimServer shows a track list for the matching album tracks together with a ">> Complete album" selection for showing the complete album. This gives you the option to play any of the matching tracks and also enables you to view and play the complete album.

The first case shows the complete album and requires an extra step to show or play individual tracks. The second case shows the matching tracks and requires an extra step to show or play the complete album.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intelligent browsing: inconsistent behavior? - simoncn - 04-04-2019 23:01