Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction with convolution per sample rate
03-12-2018, 04:10 (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 04:37 by digimuse.)
RE: Room correction with convolution per sample rate
Quote:convOut=-i /mnt/disk1/share/MinimServer/convolution/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn

Step 1 (configuration)

MinimStreamer searches for all convolution files matching the wildcard and reads their contents to check the sample rate.

Will you support stereo, 5.1, ...?

By "matching the wildcard" I think you mean "Cor1S*.wav" (in this case). This sounds good, as it allows the user to have multiple sets of convolution files in the directory, e.g., for different Target Curves.

Test Target Curve 1:
convOut=-i /mnt/disk1/share/MinimServer/convolution/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn

Test Target Curve 2:
convOut=-i /mnt/disk1/share/MinimServer/convolution/Cor2S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn

Quote:Step 2 (transcoding)

When a file is transcoded using ffmpeg, the convolution file from step 1 that has the same sample rate as the input file is selected automatically and used on the ffmpeg command. This doesn't depend on the name of the convolution file but on its contents.

"This doesn't depend on the name of the convolution file but on its contents." - I presume it will still use the pattern specified by the user, e.g., for a 44.1 kHz audio track MinimStreamer will use the file "Cor1S<some text>.wav" and not "Cor2S<some text>.wav" (assuming both are 44.1 kHz convolution files).

Looking forward to trying out the new feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Room correction with convolution per sample rate - digimuse - 03-12-2018 04:10