Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended IOS Control Point?
16-03-2018, 09:40 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2018 10:28 by eschreye.)
Tongue Recommended IOS Control Point?
Good morning,

I’m using MinimServer and MinimStreamer since 3 years on a Synology NAS with the Cambridge Audio 851N Media Renderer (Ethernet wired). I stream ripped CDs & vinyl and downloaded hires & mp3, it all works well and I’m a very happy listener.

The weakest point in my set-up is the Control Point: the Cambridge Audio IOS application (CA Connect) on iPad and iPhone works ‘so-and-so’. Whilst the CA Connect app is simple and straightforward in its use and ergonomics - which I appreciate a lot - it has the flaw of regularly ‘closing’ (crashing?) Indeed, if after having listened for a while to the music that I selected on the CA Connect and I want to browse thru the music collection to select other music it often just stops and I must restart the lazy bugger. This is frustrating. Hence, I have been looking around for an IOS audio UPnP Control Point equally simple as CA Connect but… more robust. However, in vain. There are quite some advertised on the Apple Store but many are video / airplay purposed or just crappy…

Can somebody advice a simple AND robust audio UPnP Control Point for IOS to remote control hires (and 16 bit / mp3) audio streaming to the Cambridge Audio 851N?

All advice is appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Recommended IOS Control Point? - eschreye - 16-03-2018 09:40