Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding & Scrubbing - AAC and MP3 to WAV
23-12-2017, 18:47
RE: Transcoding & Scrubbing - AAC and MP3 to WAV
(22-12-2017 16:57)simoncn Wrote:  I have tried this with MinimServer running on a TS-119 (same processor as the TS-212) using the Naim iOS app as control point and a NaimUniti as the streamer (firmware 4.40).

FLAC is playing and is able to jump forward and backward in the track both with and without wav24 transcoding. (Is this what you mean by scrubbing?) MP3 plays both with and without transcoding but can only only jump forward if transcoding is active. AAC (ADTS) plays with transcoding active and also jumps forward and backward. Without transcoding active, AAC (ADTS) doesn't play.

Are your AAC files in ADTS format or MP4/M4A format? If it is the latter, you need mp4:wav24, not aac:wav24.

Try stopping and restarting both the Naim app and the Naim streamer to be sure no incorrect information is being cached.

Hi Simon,
I came here from Naim Forum (just like Mr Frog).
I have synology DS116 (latest DSM) and Naim Uniti 1 (4.40 firmware), minimserver and minimwatch installed, stream converter option pointing to ffmpeg.
The thing is, I presume I have ffmpeg installed although I don't find it in opt folder and I don't know how to check it.
I don't have fast forward (nor backward) in fact, I don't have anything like slider that you could move left/right. I tried it on both IOS and Android, no luck ... Regardless of the file type (it's mostly flac that I am using)
I would appreciate any help.
Since I am here, one more question...
Since Naim Uniti 1 does not support DSD would it be possible to play DSD files (dff or dsf?) on it by using ffmeg transcoding dff:dopwav, dsf:dopwav?
many thanks
Ratko
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transcoding & Scrubbing - AAC and MP3 to WAV - rmatosev - 23-12-2017 18:47