Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netgear Readynas Ultra 2 plus
25-10-2017, 16:31
RE: Netgear Readynas Ultra 2 plus
Seems I should have used dbpoweramp to rip. However, the pc I use for ripping is locked for software installations (work pc), and the one I can install programs on has no cd drive.... I of course could buy a USB cd r/w drive to add to the "open" pc. But having copied 80% of my collection I would love to avoid doing this over again with dbpoweramp or another program.

Somehow I like the idea of having the rips in original format, not converted. Thinking that converting to lower res and back always will be less optimal (which might be wrong, but that's my logic).

Anyway, I have a NEW problem!!

I deleted Minimserver from the Readynas just to see if the problem with the app not finding the streamer/NAS would go away again. Good news: I can now control the player with no fuss, just like before adding MinimServer. So the problem was related to adding Minimserver.
To continue the problem solving I thought I could simply add Minim again, and as next step disable ReadyDLNA streaming, hoping that having both running could be the culprit.
Now, trying to install Minim once again nothing happens. Just a wheel rotating where the first time it was installed in less than a minute. And the Frontview window seems completely "frozen". I am going to restart both NAS and pc to see if this will let me install again.

When MinimServer is running again I will try to convert the tags of the Wav files, just a couple for a start.

Claus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Netgear Readynas Ultra 2 plus - ClausDK - 25-10-2017 16:31