Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Composers - some problems I am struggling with!
19-10-2017, 18:20
RE: Minor Composers - some problems I am struggling with!
With a mostly classical library which is probably a little (but not much) smaller than yours, the only reason I can think of for doing what you have done is to shorten displayed lists. There are occasions when I want to find the composer with only one track in my collection (sometimes for that very reason!). So I wouldn't want to put some composers in a separate list - how does one define 'minor' in any case?

Classical music is such a rich and varied repository (it's far more than a genre) that it is virtually impossible to categorise it systematically without the categories coming apart. I much prefer (mostly) alphabetical listings of composers, albums and works. Simply by using the MinimServer alphaGroup property, I get manageable alphabetical breakdowns of any list that has more than (in my case) 50 entries. This seems to me to be much simpler than trying to sub-categorise tag values arbitrarily. And if, under 'B', Bach comes next to Banchieri, what's the problem?

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minor Composers - some problems I am struggling with! - DavidHB - 19-10-2017 18:20