Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 - Autostart MinimServer with Task Scheduler
17-03-2017, 23:02 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 23:03 by kaycee.)
Windows 10 - Autostart MinimServer with Task Scheduler
I just wanted to share this so it may be useful for others looking for a similar solution.

I am running Minimserver on a Windows 10 PC. I was looking for a way to start Minimserver automatically instead of logging in and starting Minimserver manually each time PC reboots after Windows update. I searched the forum and found two options. One was to add it to Startup folder which will start Minimserver after I login (not a major improvement) or install it as a service that can start automatically without logging in.

Before trying the service option I wanted to see whether there is a simpler option using "Task Scheduler" under Control Panel. After a few trail and errors I got it to working the way I wanted. Whenever the system reboots, Windows runs the task at startup and starts Minimserver.

Only downside is that there is no GUI if you want to login and play with Minimserver as there is no icon on system tray. This may be because it runs under a separate cmd window. I tried Minimwatch on the same PC but it did not work. Later I saw in Monitoring and Control section that this is by design.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Windows 10 - Autostart MinimServer with Task Scheduler - kaycee - 17-03-2017 23:02