Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-scanning after NAS drive file re-arrangements
29-01-2017, 23:11
Re-scanning after NAS drive file re-arrangements
HELP!

I have a Synology DS216 NAS drive and a Naim network player. With the help of the very knowledgeable salesman, I was able to get the system up and running, and it works great.

My computer is running Windows 10.

The Synology DSM version is 6.0.2-8451 update 7.

The MinimServer is version 0.8.4 update 96.

When I first set up the Synology drive with MinimServer, it scanned just fine and the Naim app on my iPad showed all of the files just as they appeared on the NAS drive. No problem there.

But I have re-arranged the files somewhat since then, because iTunes sent some of the files I ripped into some folders that are unnecessarily complicated and I wanted to simplify the folder hierarchy a little bit. All I did was to rearrange the files using Windows Explorer.

When I click on the "Rescan" button, the status changes to "restarting" but nothing happens, even after leaving it alone for an hour or more. The Naim app doesn't see any changes to my library even though the Synology DSM file manager does correctly show the changes I made.

So what am I doing wrong? In replying, please use low-level wording. I'm an aeronautical engineer, only medium computer-savvy and not likely to understand if you launch off into a high-level computer-expert reply to my question.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re-scanning after NAS drive file re-arrangements - MaltbyWalt - 29-01-2017 23:11