Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not all custom mp3 tags are shown?
09-12-2012, 16:13
RE: not all custom mp3 tags are shown?
(09-12-2012 15:55)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 15:32)alexinc Wrote:  hey again,

second question i got: installed minimserver on my nas with mp3 collection. all mp3s are tagged with foobar quite extensive and some custom tags as id3v2.3 only. now i noticed that "style"-tag is showing quite a lot files but not close to all included in my collection. its even more confusing when choosing my "remixed by"-tag. none is shown, besides one m4a file i have in my collection all others are shown as [unknown]!?

i'm using minimwatch on win machine to configure headless nas, but its properties screen needs more explanation, i guess. :-) not quite sure if its my fault or minimserver not handling those tags correctly yet.

thx i.a.

To get MinimServer to read custom tags, you need to add the names of the custom tags to the indexTags property in MinimWatch. Have you added 'Style' and 'Remixed by' to the tag names in indexTags?

If you have done this and you still aren't seeing the custom tags, which tagging program did you use to add these tags?

You can find a description of all the MinimWatch properties on this page.

hey simon, as already written of course i added those two tags to indexTags, thats why i'm so confused. as you can read i also get results but not all files are shown (style-tag) and not a single MP3-file is shown (remixed by-tag), only that single m4a-files is listed under remixed by-tree, the others as [unknow]. that leads to the conclution not all files/tags are read correctly or there may be a problems with id3v2.3??? all files got tagged with foobar in one single pattern, so all got the same treatment after removing all tags first and than adding them back as id3v2.3. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: not all custom mp3 tags are shown? - alexinc - 09-12-2012 16:13