Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
15-02-2021, 22:16
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
(13-02-2021 23:38)seanshankus Wrote:  well i'm up and running MinimServer 2.0.16 on TrueNAS-12.0-U1 (I miss read the system version before). Now to play run it through enough to validate getting a full license. Thanks everyone for the help!!
I ran into the address thing before, but after manually created the files and populating them with the mac address everything spun up fine.

I'm glad that it works for you now!

Your request made me actually to look again into compiling the most recent version of ohnet (which is used by MinimServer).

So I tried compiling ohNet_1.30.3937 for FreeBSD. However, I'm running into some kind of error which is resulting from a memaccess-warning. The message after which the compilation breaks is this:

Code:
gcc -o Build/Obj/Posix/Release/Timer.o -c  -fexceptions -Wall  -pipe -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -DDEFINE_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEFINE_TRACE -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden   -fPIC -DPOSIX_STACK_TRACE -DSET_PTHREAD_NAMES -std=c++0x -Werror -IBuild/Include/  OpenHome/Timer.cpp
OpenHome/Timer.cpp: In constructor 'OpenHome::TimerManager::CallbackList::CallbackList()':
OpenHome/Timer.cpp:311:41: error: 'void* memset(void*, int, size_t)' clearing an object of non-trivial type 'class OpenHome::TimerManager::Callback'; use assignment or value-initialization instead [-Werror=class-memaccess]
  311 |     (void)memset(iList, 0, sizeof(iList));
      |                                         ^
In file included from OpenHome/Timer.cpp:1:
Build/Include/OpenHome/Private/Timer.h:88:11: note: 'class OpenHome::TimerManager::Callback' declared here
   88 |     class Callback
      |           ^~~~~~~~
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
gmake: *** [Common.mak:412: Build/Obj/Posix/Release/Timer.o] Error 1

I'm not sure if this is really critical and if I should fix something in the code. Due to the message "all warnings being treated as errors" I have the impression that this could be fixed by just ignoring that warning. In the past, Simon has often be very helpful in giving me hints in the right direction, which in the end made it possible for me to finally compile everything. If one of you guys have an input on this issue, please let me know. Otherwise I would just try to "fix" this by ignoring the warning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD - airflow - 15-02-2021 22:16