Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indexes and Groups query - [Solved]
28-11-2015, 19:05
RE: Indexes and Groups query
(28-11-2015 14:30)Pastim Wrote:  I have now found, both by trial (and lots of error) and by reading more on the forum that multiple copies of the server can't be run on one linux system. Is that really true?

No, this isn't true. I don't think the Linux installation page says or implies this. Were you looking at a very old forum post?

You can run multiple instances on Linux by installing them in different directories and setting different values for http.port, ohnet.port and displayName. If you enable both instances for autostart using minimserver/bin/setup, they will both be started when you boot the system. I will update the Linux install page to clarify this.

Quote:I did test that I can re-configure minimserver to avoid using Groups without having to re-tag, and that works, so that part of my solution is OK.

minimserver is running on a (normally) headless system, and is started at boot time. I don't really need to run one with groups and one without groups at the same time. Is there some way I could decide which I wanted to switch to dynamically and remotely, having started one at boot time?

I get so close to my ideal solution, but somehow there's always a wrinkle Smile

You will need to run both instances all the time and use your UPnP control point to switch between them. Unless your Linux machine is very short of RAM, this shouldn't cause any problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 28-11-2015, 13:18
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 28-11-2015, 14:30
RE: Indexes and Groups query - simoncn - 28-11-2015 19:05
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 28-11-2015, 21:22
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 29-11-2015, 10:18
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 29-11-2015, 10:56