Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding combinations UPnP and Internet Radio
13-03-2015, 01:07
RE: Transcoding combinations UPnP and Internet Radio
(13-03-2015 00:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 00:06)Zeewier Wrote:  I have two Reciva based internet radios that can play AAC radio streams. However I had to install ffmpeg and set the stream.transcode aac:L16 in order for the radios to play the BBC HLS streams. Without transcoding these streams were unplayable.

Did you follow the instructions on this page to set the MinimStreamer URLs as custom radio station URLs in the internet radio? This would send the internet radio an AAC ADTS stream which should be playable by any internet radio that could play the previous BBC AAC ADTS Shoutcast streams.

Yes I did follow those instructions. I said "Without transcoding these streams were unplayable", but what I meant was that playing those streams was very unreliable. The problem was that occasionally a BBC HLS stream (custom radio URL) would play the first time, but more often it would start only after 4 or more attempts. Or after selecting another station and then going back to the first one. With ffmpeg installed and aac:L16 a successful connection is made the first time. This is true both when custom radio URLs are used and when the radios are used as UPnP players. Problem solved!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transcoding combinations UPnP and Internet Radio - Zeewier - 13-03-2015 01:07