Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What tags does MinimServer support?
16-11-2012, 13:00
RE: What tags does MinimServer support?
(16-11-2012 12:28)audiomuze Wrote:  Would you consider enhancing it so that it could? An ideal view of an artist's work in one's library would look something like this:

Albums released by artist:
a
b
c
d

Albums on which artist guests/appears:
e
f
g
h

Internally the distinction is the artist name appearing in albumartist vs just in artist. This way if one wants to distinguish, all that's required from tagging is that you set albumartist wherever the album is released by the artist. Any occurrence of an artist's name in an artist tag where the artist name is not also in the albumartist tag means the artist is guesting, whether it be on a compilation or another artist's album.

I don't think any enhancement is needed. If you do the tagging as you described, you'll see main artists listed under AlbumArtist and guest artists listed under All Artists.

Quote:Does MinimServer enable one to select multiple entries in a given criteria e.g. two or more selected genres as a filter?

You can't create an "or" filter with multiple values. This might be possible when MinimServer supports UPnP search in the future, depending on the capabilities of the control point. You can do "and" filtering by selecting one genre first and then selecting additional genres later.

Quote:in this case, I'm referring to my dream goal Wink

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought it might be a cool new product. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What tags does MinimServer support? - simoncn - 16-11-2012 13:00