Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux client
15-11-2012, 10:17
RE: Linux client
(15-11-2012 05:20)audiomuze Wrote:  I was referring to a control point, thanks - have since installed Kinsky on my laptop to experiment with. Coming from a Squeezebox environment I'm hoping that ultimately everything can be done using a smartphone or tablet - don't want to be tied to a PC for music control/ playback. I'm currently using iPeng for iPhone and iPad, albeit I'll be switching to an Android tablet soon.

Kinsky supports iPhone/iPod/iPad, and there's a beta version for Android. Another excellent option for Android is BubbleDS (for Linn DS players) and Bubble UPnP (for UPnP media renderers).

Quote:As an aside I've been quite closely involved with the development (not the coding aspect) of an open source Linux based tagger coded in Python and loosely modelled on mp3tag. puddletag is a great fit for anyone moving from a Windows to a Linux environment or looking for a full featured and intuitive tagger for Linux. I mention it here only because it's a great tagger for anyone serious about their music collection as I'm guessing users of MinimServer fall into this category.

I've heard good reports of puddletag. The main reason I created MinimServer was to support more advanced ways of tagging and browsing. I see you've already found the Music Tagging forum. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Linux client - audiomuze - 14-11-2012, 20:21
RE: Linux client - simoncn - 14-11-2012, 20:35
RE: Linux client - audiomuze - 15-11-2012, 05:20
RE: Linux client - simoncn - 15-11-2012 10:17