Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selecting a set of tracks
06-10-2014, 11:34 (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 11:34 by simoncn.)
RE: Selecting a set of tracks
(06-10-2014 09:09)Pastim Wrote:  I'm struggling a little with selecting sets of tracks. I suspect I'm being a bit slow, so please bear with me.

I have a list of items on display. If these are Albums, I can select one and send all of it to be played with one click.

If these are, say, Artists, I can't do the same. Is this intentional? It would be useful to be able to play a set of tracks belonging to any tag at any level (except the very top level). I am aware of the 'Group' concept, but I haven't implemented this, partly because it would be a heck of a lot of work, and partly because it is, as far as I know, unique to minimserver. I do have 'Work' tags, but they suffer from the same problem as Artists. It seems I have probably failed to comprehend something fundamental, but it seems counter-intuitive to me.

I am not entirely sure whether this is a feature of minimserver, or of my control points. I have been using foobar2000, and a new one currently being developed called upplay.

This is a function of the control point, not the server. It seems that your control points can select UPnP album containers for playing but not other kinds of UPnP containers.

You should find this also works for Groups, as these are sent to the control point as UPnP album containers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Selecting a set of tracks - Pastim - 06-10-2014, 09:09
RE: Selecting a set of tracks - simoncn - 06-10-2014 11:34