Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track titles prefixed by Artist tag when displaying m3u playlist contents
01-09-2014, 06:25 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 06:27 by Andre Gosselin.)
Track titles prefixed by Artist tag when displaying m3u playlist contents
Following recent updates, I note that track titles are not reported identically when browsing through a playlist. The track titles are then prefixed with the value of the Artist tag.

Consider for ex. this track in flac format in a win7 directory:
Quote:C:\mu\flac\A Sei Voci\Allegri- Miserere; Messe Vidi Turbam Magnam; Motets\01 Allegri- Miserere a 9, version avec ornamentations baroques.flac
When browsing in folder view to this track with BubbleUPnP, metadata are reported as :
Quote:Track #=1
Title=Allegri: Miserere a 9, version avec ornamentations baroques
Artist=A Sei Voci
Album Artist=A Sei Voci, Fabre Garrus, Bernard
I create the following playlist in m3u format (using MediaMonkey):
Quote:#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:873,A Sei Voci; Fabre-Garrus, Bernard - Allegri: Miserere a 9, version avec ornamentations baroques
C:\mu\flac\A Sei Voci\Allegri- Miserere; Messe Vidi Turbam Magnam; Motets\01 Allegri- Miserere a 9, version avec ornamentations baroques.flac
If I browse this playlist contents in folder view, the contents are now reported as follows in the BubbleUPnP playlist tab :
Quote:01. A Sei Voci; Fabre-Garrus, Bernard - Allegri: Miserere a 9, version avec ornementations baroques
If I browse to the track in folder view (or through the Album Artist index), the track title is reported as follows:
Quote:01. Allegri: Miserere a 9 , version avec ornementations baroques

Note how, when browsing the playlist, the value of the Artist tag is prepended to the track title.

I am pretty sure this behavior did not occur in previous minimserver versions (but I found no way of reinstalling a previous version to be 100% sure). Track metadata of m3u playlists were reported identically to the way they were when navigating through folder view or index tags. This indeed makes sense, since a playlist just points to files holding tracks, and the metadata should not be reported differently simply because the track is identified in a playlist.

Could you verify this please, and tell me if I am wrong ?

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Track titles prefixed by Artist tag when displaying m3u playlist contents - Andre Gosselin - 01-09-2014 06:25