Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer problems with Mac OS X 10.7.5
23-09-2012, 23:20
MinimServer problems with Mac OS X 10.7.5
There appears to be an incompatibility between MinimServer and the recently released Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 update. This update includes Gatekeeper, which has new rules for which applications are allowed to open incoming connections through the firewall.

I haven't been able to find a way to configure Gatekeeper in 10.7.5 to work correctly with MinimServer if the Mac OS X firewall is enabled. Some things work, and others don't.

I've been able to get the following to work:
  • SSDP discovery initiated by Kinsky 4.3.5 iOS (for example, when Kinsky is started) works with the firewall either off or on
  • SSDP discovery initiated by Kinsky Desktop 4.3.3 on Windows (for example, when Kinsky is started) works with the firewall off only
  • SSDP discovery initiated by MinimWatch on Windows (for example, when MinimWatch is started) works with the firewall off only
  • SSDP discovery initiated by MinimServer (for example, when MinimServer is started) works with the firewall off or on
I haven't been able to get the following to work:
  • SSDP discovery initiated by Kinsky Desktop 4.3.3 on Windows (for example, when Kinsky is started) doesn't work with the firewall on
  • SSDP discovery initiated by MinimWatch on Windows (for example, when MinimWatch is started) doesn't work with the firewall on
I'll continue to investigate these problems. For now, I'd recommend that MinimServer users on Mac OS X Lion don't install the 10.7.5 update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MinimServer problems with Mac OS X 10.7.5 - simoncn - 23-09-2012 23:20