Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantages of MinimStreamer
14-05-2014, 18:49
RE: Advantages of MinimStreamer
(13-05-2014 23:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 19:05)gnomus Wrote:  For those interested, my new Linn DS does not seem to jump to the next track when I try to skip ahead into a track. I tried skipping around 12-13 minutes into one of my longer tracks. The Linn thought about things for around 30 secs, then started playing at the point I had skipped to.

I may still try adding a seek table, but I'm almost full time ripping at the present.

Try this again with MinimStreamer 0.3.18. You should see a significant improvement in seek times for transcoded FLAC files that don't contain a seek table.

Well done Simon! As far as I can tell you have fixed the 'issue'. I tried a few tracks. Probably the most "challenging" was a 24 minute 88/24 track. I could jump from start to finish and back again (and all points inbetween) with an estimated delay of just under a second. That's more than good enough for me. (I'm pleased about that because I'm not really sure I got my head around that 'seek table' business.)

I hope that feedback is helpful. Let me know if you want me to try out anything else. And thanks again for continuing to improve your server/streamer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Advantages of MinimStreamer - gnomus - 16-04-2014, 07:30
RE: Advantages of MinimStreamer - gnomus - 14-05-2014 18:49