Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd behavior when playing genre - multiple songs added
12-03-2014, 23:05
Odd behavior when playing genre - multiple songs added
Hi, I just started testing MinimServer as my default DLNA provider. I have a headless Ubuntu server (x64) on the same network as my streamer Linn Majik DSM. The player is controlled via IOS devise.

The problem is when I try to play a music genre with more then one album in it. Instead of just loading the albums into the playlist, MinimServer loads the albums several times. So a genre with for example two albums and about 40 songs, results in a playlist of nearly 200 songs.

This Only happends when I have more then one albums in a genre and the more albums I have in a genre, the longer the playlist get. Also resulting in taking very long time to load the playlist.

This is info from the logfile:
8< -----------------
MinimServer 0.8.1 update 22, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b31)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
starting MinimServer
----------------- >8

Other then that, there's only a couple of warnings in the log file of songs that are not in the genre I'm trying to play.

Have you seen or heard of this before? I got the same behavior on two different Ubuntu servers, but a friend of mine with similar setup did not have this problem.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Odd behavior when playing genre - multiple songs added - Shutterstrom - 12-03-2014 23:05