Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to start MinimServer - Solved! :)
16-01-2014, 20:11
RE: Unable to start MinimServer - Solved! :)
(16-01-2014 19:15)MusicMad Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Thank you for the follow-up and my apologies for the delay in replying. It has been a fortuitous delay, however, as I decided to turn the NAS off this morning before departing (for another reason re: my intention to swap drives) but returned late so simply turned it back on ... only to find that MinimServer appeared on the iPad and starts fine on the PC.

I can't explain any of this and I'm afraid my simple brain can't answer your queries. I know that the QNAP has anti-virus but a firewall? What do you mean by UPnP control points? Active network adapter (real or virtual) - sorry this is meaningless to me?

Now that all is working again I'm a happy man and can return to other matters ...

Very many thanks for your input - it is much appreciated.

Mitch

I'm pleased to hear this reboot has solved the problem. This sometimes happens with network discovery problems.

The UPnP control point is the application that you use to browse and play your music, such as Linn Kinsky, BubbleUPnP, Naim n-stream, etc.

We can leave the other topics for now. It seems the issue is probably related to network multicast discovery (more technical jargon). Please let me know if it happens again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to start MinimServer - Solved! :) - simoncn - 16-01-2014 20:11