Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer
30-01-2014, 13:52
RE: Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer
(30-01-2014 12:43)jones Wrote:  Hi Simon,

The difference was unintended. Anyway, I restarted Minimserver and the player on my phone. Tested whether the direct stream played properly (no entry in the log is made when you play directly) and then started it via MinimStreamer. There is no sound, the time also doesn't advance. To me it seems like nothing is happening.
I've tried to restart it a couple of times by pressing the 'play' button in the 'now playing' screen of Bubble player.

Hope this log is of more help. It wouldn't surprise me if this issue has something to do with my setup. Perhaps ports that go on the internet are not properly mapped so no data reaches MinimStreamer? Perhaps you have some way of telling, because of the way Minim works and updates itself or so.

Thanks for your help.

I've found the cause of the problem. The LUMIN player is sending the following HTTP request for the stream:

GET /CapitalMP3 HTTP/1.1
Host: ice-the.musicradio.com
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: stagefright/1.2 (Linux;Android 4.2.2)
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept: */*

My LINN DS sends this request:

GET /CapitalMP3 HTTP/1.1
Host: ice-the.musicradio.com
User-Agent: Linn DS
Connection: close
Icy-MetaData: 1
Range: bytes=0-

The "Icy-MetaData: 1" header is missing from the GET request sent by LUMIN. This causes a difference in the response sent by Capital Radio. With the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header present in the GET request, the response is:

Content-Type: audio/mpeg
icy-br:128
ice-audio-info: ice-samplerate=44100;ice-bitrate=128;ice-channels=2
icy-description:Capital 95.8
icy-genre:Pop
icy-name:Capital 95.8
icy-private:0
icy-pub:1
icy-url:http://rdns.musicradio.com/25
Server: Icecast 2.3.2
Cache-Control: no-cache
icy-metaint:16000

With the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header absent from the GET request, the response is:

Content-Type: audio/mpeg
ice-audio-info: ice-samplerate=44100;ice-bitrate=128;ice-channels=2
icy-description:Capital 95.8
icy-genre:Pop
icy-name:Capital 95.8
icy-private:0
icy-pub:1
icy-url:http://rdns.musicradio.com/25
Server: Icecast 2.3.2
Cache-Control: no-cache

which doesn't contain the header "icy-metaint:16000". MinimStreamer depends on the presence of this header to recognise and parse an Icecast stream, and the incorrect input to ffmpeg is caused by the absence of this header.

Some possible solutions are:

1) LUMIN could change their firmware to send the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request
2) MinimStreamer could add the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request if the player doesn't include it
3) MinimStreamer could assume a default value of 16000 for icy-metaint if no icy-metaint header is received. This is presumably what LUMIN is doing.

I think the safest and most robust approach is for MinimStreamer to do 2). I will include this change in the next MinimStreamer update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer - simoncn - 30-01-2014 13:52