Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver 0.8.1 crashes following a relaunch or a restart
19-12-2013, 17:25
RE: minimserver 0.8.1 crashes following a relaunch or a restart
(19-12-2013 07:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:13)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  My win7 is 64bit, runs on an ACER portable with 4GB of ram.

I tried to reproduce the "relaunch" problem this morning, and (unfortunately...) could not (I however did not try a complete deinstall/reinstall sequence; should I ?).

I have a similar setup here, and I could not reproduce the problem on it.

It would be a good idea to do a complete deinstall and reinstall. After the deinstall step, check that the C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib directory is completely empty. If any files from the previous 0.72 MinimServer installation are still in this directory, this could cause strange problems.

Quote:However, the 2nd problem ("MinimServer internal error: unknown item location ...") is still systematic after a restart. The only way after that to get back a working minimserver is to do an exit, followed by a restart from the desktop icon.

This problem isn't related to the relaunch issue. I will look at this later today.
Simon,
I did a complete uninstall/reinstall, making sure the Program Files\MinimServer directory was empty before the install (in fact, it was gone altogether following the uninstall through the Config Panel). I did not touch however the config directory (Appdata\Roaming\MinimServer\data). I could not reproduce the relaunch problem. Weird. I however noticed, after going to the Packages tab, that minimstreamer was shown as being installed. Is this normal ?

I uninstalled the minimstreamer package, exited minimserver, reinstalled and installed the whole thing again. This time, the package was shown as uninstalled in the Packages tab, and I could do an install like I originally did when I installed minim 0.8.1 for the first time. Does that mean that, after having been installed, a package is marked as such inside the config directory, and that the minimserver install procedure automatically reinstalls packages marked as "installed" in the config directory ? I am just curious here.

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: minimserver 0.8.1 crashes following a relaunch or a restart - Andre Gosselin - 19-12-2013 17:25