|
Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen
|
|
25-09-2012, 17:51
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen
Hi,
It has been a while and that is because everything works so I have been listening to music instead of nerding but I have discovered an issue with regard to the treatment of a hyphen in the Album tag. I am running two qnap NAS boxes a TS 209 Pro II and a TS 559 Pro II, the former running Twonky 6.0.39 and the latter Minimserver but both on the same data and this has enabled me to make comparisons while I sort out my tagging typos. Pending any better informed method I store my flac classical files in the form Music>Genre>Composer>Album and the Album tag is in the form "Händel - Alcina (Richard Hickcox)" Using Bubble DS as control point on Samsung SIII I have been able to compare library searches from each server and find that with Minimserver served files, the Album titles are curtailed at the " - ". In consequence I get a list of a dozen titles "Händel" and only by knowing the conductor can I work out which opera it is. The same search on the Twonky served data gives me the full title. I cannot advise if this has been the situation from the start but I do recall I had a similar problem some time ago with Twonky and asked questions about syntax and illegal characters on the twonky forum but didn't bring this to a satisfactory conclusion as I changed my tagging style and didn't notice the problem again. I have been using Easytag on openSUSE machine for all tagging so I do not think it is the fault is there so please can somebody shine any light on this issue? Budgie |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen - Budgie - 25-09-2012 17:51
RE: Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen - simoncn - 25-09-2012, 19:33
RE: Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen - Budgie - 25-09-2012, 22:54
RE: Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen - Budgie - 26-09-2012, 23:52
RE: Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen - simoncn - 27-09-2012, 00:33
RE: Curtailment of Album Tag by Hyphen - Budgie - 27-09-2012, 22:10
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



