|
DSD and Double-DSD testing with Pioneer receiver
|
|
08-04-2014, 16:48
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 16:58 by Cornell77.)
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
DSD and Double-DSD testing with Pioneer receiver
I own a 2013 model Pioneer SC-1523k receiver, which is technically equivalent to the Pioneer Elite SC-75. These receivers will play back DSD as well as double-DSD files from a USB thumb drive. I want to build a NAS and decided to test MinimServer for playing back these same files over the lan. With that in mind, I loaded Minimserver and Minimstreamer on to my 2009 MacBook Pro. I used Kinsky, Plugplayer as well as Pioneer's AV5 app on my Ipad to control playback.
Here are the results: 1. I was able to pull both DSD as well as double-DSD files and play them back through the Pioneer receiver. In this case, I used Pioneer's AV5 app and selected the mediaserver input to play these files. The files were not transcoded but read as dsf and dff files. 2. I was not able to stream or push DSD files to the receiver over the lan. When I transcoded the files to dopwav, I could hear the music faintly playing in the background. The main reproduction was simply hiss. The title of the song would appear on the Pioneer display. I am happy that I was able to play the files at all. It would be nice to stream them as well, as the Kinsky and Plugplayer apps seemed more usable than the limited view of the files available in Pioneer's AV5 app. I have captured some log files that may help in this case. I am also not sure if streaming the files is technically possible with this receiver. If it could be done though, it would be great! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



