Post Reply 
[folder view] sort
02-03-2014, 21:40
Post: #10
RE: [folder view] sort
(02-03-2014 13:43)jes Wrote:  Only looking at the folder view, I guess it depends how the library is organised. I have several thousand items grouped in up to three levels of folders: Alphabet letter, Artist and Album (e.g. S > Santana > Supernatural).

If I have either a complete album or the majority of songs on an album, the items go into the deepest level (Album). If I have several songs from an artist (perhaps from various albums), they go in the Artist folder. If I have only one song from an artist, they go in the Alphabet letter folder.

Whilst Title, Artist and Date tags are always populated, this is not always the case for the Album tag. In this instance, the songs are all listed under Unknown Album. In addition, the items then get sorted by Title before Artist, which is confusing in the top level folder.

Personally, I like 1) Artist 2) Title [3) Date], and I can see a problem with the grouping songs by album default if the Tag is empty.

I'm not sure what you mean by "listed under Unknown Album". Are you referring to the [no album] index in the Tag View list of albums, or is this something you are seeing in the folder view?

I'm also not sure what you mean by items getting sorted by Title before Artist. In the folder view, there is no sorting by artist.

The scheme of grouping songs by album in the folder view shouldn't cause a problem if the Album tag is missing. Any songs without an Album tag should be grouped together after all the album groups and sorted by Title. Is this what you are seeing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
[folder view] sort - jes - 27-02-2014, 08:28
RE: [folder view] sort - simoncn - 27-02-2014, 09:56
RE: [folder view] sort - jes - 27-02-2014, 13:06
RE: [folder view] sort - simoncn - 27-02-2014, 13:15
RE: [folder view] sort - jes - 27-02-2014, 13:22
RE: [folder view] sort - simoncn - 27-02-2014, 13:48
RE: [folder view] sort - jes - 02-03-2014, 01:11
RE: [folder view] sort - simoncn - 02-03-2014, 08:46
RE: [folder view] sort - jes - 02-03-2014, 13:43
RE: [folder view] sort - simoncn - 02-03-2014 21:40
RE: [folder view] sort - jes - 05-03-2014, 09:35
RE: [folder view] sort - simoncn - 28-04-2014, 17:28

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)